Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
It’s going to come down to yellowfin or hells bay just like it usually does. My pick is for yellowfin again this year. Might try to get on the water as they are passing new port richey and run with them for a bit lol

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
It’s going to come down to yellowfin or hells bay just like it usually does. My pick is for yellowfin again this year. Might try to get on the water as they are passing new port richey and run with them for a bit lol
Yep, I’m rootin’ for YF too!

·
BBA Counselor
7,142 Posts
Hope they don't get stuck in the green muck as they pass Tampa Bay. You know while burning tons of fuel to support the environment.

Lol, can you tell I'm a bit sour on the event. Mostly cause it's by invite only so it will never get any real attention.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Hope they don't get stuck in the green muck as they pass Tampa Bay. You know while burning tons of fuel to support the environment.

Lol, can you tell I'm a bit sour on the event. Mostly cause it's by invite only so it will never get any real attention.
We’ll set up our own event soon buddy! BCBW is almost ready! And once I meet the minimum requirements for this one, I will enter “if allowed” and WIN!

Reactions: jlindsley

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
I think they should run purely "stock" skiffs. This is getting like NASCAR.
I like the sound of “Winston Cup” skiff challenge! Right up muh alley, count me in!😉 BB’s knows a thing or three about hopped up performance!🤘🏻

Reactions: makin moves

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Hope the front gets here in time to kick up the winds and the Gulf. The weather is what makes these races interesting. Looks like the will be heading into a South wind for the first leg.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
442 Posts
I've never really kept up with it in the past and don't think it's very indicative of what boat is best. Best for what? Can they choose any path they want or do they all have to take the same basic path? Seems like some entry-mid level brands up against a couple of very high-level brands. And a few brands not really known for their "skiffs." Weird.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,405 Posts
Anyone can participate in the skiff challenge. The continous run in sometimes rough water can expose weaknesses in the design and construction of the skiff. Chris Peterson of HB uses the challenge to test design/construction/rigging/materials. Starting with carbon innegra to all carbon this year. As an example, last year two of the bolts holding the Atlas micro to the transom sheared. Part of the process is a long list of items that did not work or needs improvement on the skiff, everything from rain gear to rigging.
Do all skiff companies want to know what works in harsh conditions? Do most skiff owners need skiffs to perform in harsh conditions?

1 - 20 of 124 Posts