Florida ORV Permit question.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by daniel4616, Mar 12, 2015.

1. daniel4616

daniel4616 I Love microskiff.com!

Hey guys, quick question for those of you who do ORV trails and routes. I want to ride out to pink jeep or some other off road campgrounds but have no idea about the ORV permit.

The question is this- ORV and OHV are NOT the same right? I have a KLX250 and my buddy has a WR250R street tagged dual purpose style motorcycles. I can get a ORV permit even though it is street and highway legal correct?

Next, I noticed that Big Cypress has their own ORV permit, is there no state-wide permit that allows me access to other ORV trails etc? So if I wanted to check out Ocala or something I would have to pay another fee for an ORV (assuming they have one)?

Any info would help

2. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

Take your title to the dmv and you can get your orv permit for Florida. Some places will make you purchase a additional permit like croom motorcycle park does. The orv sticker you get is good for Ocala and any other public national forest that allow you to ride.

3. daniel4616

daniel4616 I Love microskiff.com!

Ok cool. Now the street legal KLX and WRr are both capable of getting the ORV permit correct? It is not the same as a OHV.