Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if they are working on mapping for Texas coast? I see they released mapping for Louisiana marsh but no Texas yet. Seems they would have gone to Texas first due to bigger population and more potential customers but that’s just my uneducated arm chair quarterbacking.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought the Louisiana map this year and talked to the guy for a little while. It was my understanding that down south is hard to map because of the expansive flats and anything north of Matagorda the water is dirty and is hard to get good imagery.

I think there is a market out there if someone could do it. I know a guide out of Baffin has the same type of maps for sale maybe not as good as imagery but it has "safe" routes for Baffin.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the Louisiana map this year and talked to the guy for a little while. It was my understanding that down south is hard to map because of the expansive flats and anything north of Matagorda the water is dirty and is hard to get good imagery.

I think there is a market out there if someone could do it. I know a guide out of Baffin has the same type of maps for sale maybe not as good as imagery but it has "safe" routes for Baffin.
Do you know where you might could pick up those Baffin maps? I used to have some routes and rocks marked on the garmin unit I had on my old shallow sport but like an idiot I didn’t back them up before getting rid of the boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts