Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have it, which screen size are you using or would you suggest someone would be happy with?

I’m torn between the 9 inch and the 12. $780 difference in the two.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Had a 12" thought it was a bit too much for the 15ft skiff.

I have a 7" running FMT and happy. If you have it narrowed down between 9 and 12, go with the 9.

·
Registered
262 Posts
26B13518-23EC-420A-A1D6-ABC9092242EF.jpeg
For those that have it, which screen size are you using or would you suggest someone would be happy with?

I think this is one of those things where bigger is better. I’m running a12” Lowrance HDS Carbon and I really like it. It’s about the depth of the water you’re running in, not the length of your boat. I’m running through rocks and oyster bars.
FA81557E-BC91-411F-9A06-E1FB4FD6738D.jpeg

·
Registered
109 Posts

I am running a 12 inch. Worth the money for me. I went to West Marine with my chip and ran all of the machines. Based on my eyes, it is what I needed. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Started with a simrad go7, moved up to a HDS9 because I got it for a wicked deal. Much happier with the 9" screen.
Think of how often youll be running and focusing on it vs. how often youll be actively fishing with it behind your back

·
Registered
134 Posts
Think of how often youll be running and focusing on it vs. how often youll be actively fishing with it behind your back
I'm running a Go9 XSE on a RAM Mount; if I'm going to be on the front of the boat for a while, I just spin that thing around and let it face me so that I can just to a quick turn back and take a peak... love it!

...I also cannot wait to upgrade to the evo3s 12

·
I Love microskiff.com!
685 Posts
I'm running a Go9 XSE on a RAM Mount; if I'm going to be on the front of the boat for a while, I just spin that thing around and let it face me so that I can just to a quick turn back and take a peak... love it!

...I also cannot wait to upgrade to the evo3s 12
That's a great idea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you have your answer but the right answer is almost always as big as will fit/you can afford.

I have an EVO 12 on my bay boat and 9 on my Mosquito. I would not want to go below 9.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts