Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen this video and thought how it was interesting how Flip gave a little more depth of the beginnings of HB and the infancy of the modern technical poling skiff industry. It was very interesting later in the video how Flip constantly referred back to our hallowed skiff designer here on microskiff.com, Chris Morejohn, and his innovation he brought to the table and this industry, when nobody else was using those technologies. So I thought I'd share it with you.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Seen that, cool history. Good info if one cares to hear historical accounts of the shallow water salt / light tackle game

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't want to beat the dead horse, it's been discussed here plenty of times and on Chris Morejohn's blog. I'm just glad Flip was around to invent the idea of a fiberglass Jon boat with a bow entry.
Oh I see, yes it has. The fact that they all cussed and discussed, who gives a shit. We know Chris wasn’t a fly guide either so he didn’t know exactly what they needed. They all contributed and Chris is bad ass boat designer / builder. Not that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Guys, it took all three of them or HB never would have happened. Hal’s $, Flip’s face/personality, and Chris’ designs and talent period! Now, any body have deep pocket or famous on here... asking for a friend!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts