Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Ive got a ‘99 bonefisher and when ever I get up on the platform to start poling, the platform feels super flimsy and wobbly. It almost feels as if the platform is loose in a way and it is shakes and wobbles ever so slightly, and when I am on it I feel like the platform is gonna break at any second. It could very well just be me, but any other of my buddys boats Ive poled I have never felt this. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,605 Posts
Hey guys,

Ive got a ‘99 bonefisher and when ever I get up on the platform to start poling, the platform feels super flimsy and wobbly. It almost feels as if the platform is loose in a way and it is shakes and wobbles ever so slightly, and when I am on it I feel like the platform is gonna break at any second. It could very well just be me, but any other of my buddys boats Ive poled I have never felt this. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Can you post pics? Does your bonefisher have the rear legs of the poling platform mounted vertically on the transom or flat on the deck? Can you examine under the deck where the platform is mounted?

My first thoughts would be to check: integrity of the platform itself; lose fasteners mounting the platform to deck (and transom if that style); and last the integrity of the deck/transom where platform is mounted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post pics? Does your bonefisher have the rear legs of the poling platform mounted vertically on the transom or flat on the deck? Can you examine under the deck where the platform is mounted?

My first thoughts would be to check: integrity of the platform itself; lose fasteners mounting the platform to deck (and transom if that style); and last the integrity of the deck/transom where platform is mounted.
Unfortunately I can not post any pics of it at the moment. But yes it is the style where the two of the legs are mounted vertically to the transom of the boat, and two of the legs are mounted on the deck. Im pretty sure there no way to access the mounting under the deck. I will take a look at it tomorrow and do what you recommend by examining the structure and integrity of it. Hopefully it’s something as simple as the fasteners and I can fix it myself relatively easily. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I’ve worked off of shaky poling towers -and that’s no fun at all... Find an outfit that welds aluminum, preferably pipe welding aluminum. That’s the outfit that will have the skill tie to repair or replace any bad spots on your tower... Occasionally you might need some glass work on spots where your tower attaches as well.

Good luck on the repair. Post up how it works out...

Aren’t boats fun?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts