Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the flats mafia tv show on waypoint? Got excited thinking I’d see some fly fishing on a flat. So far it’s just 4 guys in a massive bay boat chunking bait near a mangrove. Just doesn’t seem like fishing a flat to me. I used to see a Flats Magia bay boat at hula bay a lot when I lived in Tampa and always kind of laughed think how “flat” are you gonna get it that thing?

Reactions: FSUDrew99

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Literally got through an episode and a half and turned it off. It was as if some dudes made a YouTube for just their buddies to watch and they somehow got it on waypoint. One dude was so big he couldn’t even get in the boat from the water

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
I wish fishing wasn’t a fad these days, it makes us all look like assholes. Bunch of Instafamous Facehookers looking for likes. We have similar trash here in Texas that do nothing but post piles of dead fish on the deck of the boat while they pose for photos in their gay ass flatbill caps and wear those dumbass skull and smoking cigar face buffs. They can’t catch a fish on a lure so they fish shrimp and bait then throw a pile of soft plastics on the pile of dead fish in the boat and act like they caught them on that but you can see their kahle hooks, popping corks and croaker beads rigged up on the rods in the holders. That’s what people think fishing is about due to clowns like these blowing up social media with their dumbass video chronicles. Whaf happened to just fishing and not acting like anyone else gave a shit what you’re doing? There’s nothing wrong with a photo or video but every second of the trip? C’mon!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
A few years back I figured out that any shows that had a title that included the words "wars or mafia" probably weren't worth watching.

They remind me of ads that feature someone fishing (or going fishing, or dreaming about... you get the idea.). The only problem... they use actors and directors who don't even know how to hold a rod much less anything else about their supposed target audience...

·
Registered
199 Posts
A few years back I figured out that any shows that had a title that included the words "wars or mafia" probably weren't worth watching.

They remind me of ads that feature someone fishing (or going fishing, or dreaming about... you get the idea.). The only problem... they use actors and directors who don't even know how to hold a rod much less anything else about their supposed target audience...
There was a pharmaceutical commercial I used to see a lot a few years back, it was a grandfather taking his grandson fishing. I couldn’t believe how wrong they got the fishing equipment. If I remember correctly they were using an old fly rod, with a bobber and a worm for bait. I would literally yell at the tv whenever they ran it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I lived in New Jersey for a couple of years. Opening day of trout season generally found the streams high and muddy. Anglers were lined up about ten feet apart. Most of the fly rods had a worm or a salmon egg rather than a fly on the end. Your post reminded me of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I stumbled across Flats Mafia on Waypoint TV. Had low expectations going in and it lived up to it. Made it about 3mins thru the first episode I picked out. Moved on. I have found some good content on Waypoint TV though. Just gotta wade thru the fluff to get to the good stuff.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I lived in New Jersey for a couple of years. Opening day of trout season generally found the streams high and muddy. Anglers were lined up about ten feet apart. Most of the fly rods had a worm or a salmon egg rather than a fly on the end. Your post reminded me of that.
Hah, that’s funny. Maybe they knew what they were talking about all along :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts