Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking into getting a flats boat for marsh fishing. I’ve only owned Carolina Skiffs and a Famous Craft. I came across a 1997 flats and bay 1660 with a 70HP Yamaha for $5,500 in decent condition or a 2001 Flats and bay 1660 with a 70 Evinrude for $9,000 in a little better condition. Are these good boats and is the price good on them? Anyone know what the draft is? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it sure does. Thank you! After reading all the comments I’m not sure how easy it will be to pole my keep my bay boat and buy a solo skiff or something close to that.

·
Banned
1,441 Posts
Ive got the 1660 , drafts 8-12 , wet ride. F50 power 600# hull hatches suck weight fun little boat
79CCCD47-CE03-43C2-9E84-E00F134BAAF8.png
Bluewater boats has the hull now. 160 pro & the 160 flycaster
This is a pic from before it was mine ( daughters )
id look to something super skinny if you have a bay boat ,this hull has a fairly deep V. My 22’ H/S tunnel is skinnier

Ive enjoyed fishing from a paddle board ,sitting on cooler. Much easier on my knees than kayak. See better ,More stable too .I can put it in the bay boat as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive got the 1660 , drafts 8-12 , wet ride. F50 power 600# hull hatches suck weight fun little boat
View attachment 76564 Bluewater boats has the hull now. 160 pro & the 160 flycaster
This is a pic from before it was mine ( daughters )
id look to something super skinny if you have a bay boat ,this hull has a fairly deep V. My 22’ H/S tunnel is skinnier

Ive enjoyed fishing from a paddle board ,sitting on cooler. Much easier on my knees than kayak. See better ,More stable too .I can put it in the bay boat as well[/QUOTE

Wanna trade

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts