Flat Chat 18- Bowdidge Marine Design

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by oysterbreath, May 18, 2011.

1. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

Fresh from the land down under! Mark Bowdidge brings forth the Flat Chat 18. Since his home land of Australia uses the metric system, the fact that this boat possesses an imperial unit of measurement in it's name lets you know just who he's aiming this design at huh? The other part of the name (Flat Chat), is Australian slang for "pedal to the metal." I've got to tell ya', of all the plans I've seen, Mark puts together the most comprehensive set of skiff plans I have ever seen. I'm highly impressed with his ability to illustrate his design intent in a concise comprehensible yet artistic manor! As a matter of fact, I'm FIRST in line for one of his upcoming designs. In the meanwhile, take a look at this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://bowdidgemarinedesigns.com/Bowdidge_Marine_Designs_1/Latest_New_Design.html

2. Andrewp

Andrewp Going Solo .......

I note that he also has a 16' design as well .....

3. oysterbreath

Yeah, he does. He's been turning out boats lately. He's got another one out after that one two. It looks a bit like a High sided jon boat with a Vee entry or maybe a whaler.

4. oysterbreath

I JUST noticed that some of the images from my original post went missing but I can't modify that post either..very Odd. Anyway, here is a better image from his site:

[​IMG]