Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last Sunday the 28th was very productive right out front of Flamingo for Reds. The grass flats right to the east of Frank Key on the end of the oncoming tide were just great. The weather was on the cool side with a light wind out of the north and the water was very murky due I guess to all the wind during the week. It was a lot of blind casting and slow moving the artificials on the bottom. If it wasn’t for a pod of about 8 dolphins creating havoc all around us, we probably would have caught more fish. I was kind of fun watching the show though, so not all bad. We then moved over to Snake Bight which was covered with mullet and nothing else. We did catch a couple of baby snook in the channel on artificial baits, again moving super slowly. Beautiful day overall. Looking forward to the coming months down there.
Water Boat Sky Shorts Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Water Boat Sky Shorts Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Franks Key ! ! !

I have been telling all the park rangers for years that is the only place I fish and no mater what I catch it come from Franks Key.
Yeah, most people bypass it to go to Snake Bight which actually doesn’t look all that great right now. Lots of grass gone from the Snake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.