flamingo recommendations? inside, outside?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean niedermeyer, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Sean niedermeyer

Sean niedermeyer Active Member

Was wondering if I should fish the inside or outside of flamingo on friday. Was fishing inside coot bay and whitewater all winter with good succes but was wondering when the fish start to move back out. Going down with a canoe with an outboard and a Jon boat with trolling motor. Can't go super far . Hope someone can help so I don't drive 2 hours and waste a day down there, even if we do I love being out there even on useless days and shifty conditions ,HOPES UP!

2. tailchaser16

tailchaser16 Well-Known Member

Wind East at 17 mph scheduled for Friday. If I was in a canoe or jon boat, I would go bass fishing.

Sean niedermeyer likes this.

3. Sean niedermeyer

yeah was already thinkin about that,we normally tough it out and find wind blocked islands

4. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

You should be fine finding fish in the back. They are still around, especially with the cold front we just had. Technically there are fish back there year round, it's the bugs you got to worry about.

There is PLENTY of fish out front. And be advised, there are new navigation rules out front.

Sean niedermeyer likes this.
  5. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

I've just come off of four days in the backcountry... Yesterday afternoon water temps were finally back up to 73 degrees in some areas of Whitewater... Considering the temps had dropped 10 to 15 degrees from what it was a week ago - the fish have responded pretty well (but no sign of the monster laid-up tarpon we had a week ago - they disappeared that first cold night last week...). If the warming trend continues we might be seeing big tarpon again by week's end.

Yesterday we found snook, reds, and surprisingly big trout - all up shallow in protected, out of the wind areas. Yeah, most of them were pretty spooky but it was fun... The surprising thing for me was to find good numbers of snook in one very shallow area, and when you looked closely you could see a few trout mixed in with them (the trout were all well over 20"... and in less than 18" of crystal clear water. After several attempts we did get one of those big trout to hit a seaducer. I'll post a pic later on today.

6. Sean niedermeyer

Thanks a lot man big help , where did you find the new nav rules looked a couple different places couldn't find um

7. Steve_Mevers

Steve_Mevers I Love microskiff.com!

I got stopped by a park ranger and asked for a map of the new pole troll zones, he said that he did not exactly where they were at and if they were marked yet, he didn't know when they would be enforcing it. Of course, that could change overnight.

8. tailchaser16

tailchaser16 Well-Known Member

So how was the fishing?