Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched from Flamingo and camped 3 nights on a chickee. Took out Capt Ryan Accursio Friday and he was great. Looked for tarpon in the morning but the were scattered and not showing themselves much. We could have stayed after them all day but we wanted to catch fish so we switched to snook along the banks and that was super fun. Capt Ryan is a good guy and I'd recommend him for any flyfishers. Spent the next two days running along the coast still looking for rolling tarpon and going back to casting at the banks for whatever was there. Ended up getting 6 different species on fly this way with some stud snook and a nice red in the mix. We found a creek moth with more active tarpon but they ignored our flies and only took a luer once but came off soon after. All in all an amazing weather weekend and not very crowded.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
64 Posts
I think we were chickee neighbors on Friday night! Did you stay in Oyster Bay? We talked for a bit about the slow tarpon fishing.

I have no idea how you guys sat outside for so long that night. We were getting absolutely destroyed by mosquitos.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we were chickee neighbors on Friday night! Did you stay in Oyster Bay? We talked for a bit about the slow tarpon fishing.

I have no idea how you guys sat outside for so long that night. We were getting absolutely destroyed by mosquitos.
Yup, that was us! Had two Thermacells going and lots of bug spray, maybe they were all at y'alls end only haha? Where did you say you got those cot/tent combos again? Those were really cool

·
I Love microskiff.com!
64 Posts
We were just in hammocks and bug nets. Dude, I think you guys pushed em all towards us. I was getting bit through my hammock and bug net where it was drawn tight to my skin - we took a count the next morning and there were 284 bug bites between the 3 of us.

Buying some thermacells I guess!

Btw, we got one tarpon in the air the next day. Out by Shark River. It was very slow though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts