Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Fla Marine Tract

10K views 71 replies 30 participants last post by  iMacattack 
I've been using LMT out of Delacroix/Hopedale, and though it isn't as current or detailed as FMT, LMT is much better than anything else out there. Especially the Louisiana One, Standard Mapping e-card that many use for LA. It's not even close in comparison to LMT, and I own and have run both on my Simrad NSS9 EVO3.

The only reason I have the LA One chip is for cross reference to the printed maps the locals use.
I also used LMT out of Delacroix/Hopedale on a recent trip. I also have the Standard Mapping Louisiana One chip that I used the previous spring when I was fishing from a kayak. I thought the LMT chip was terrific. I fished for a week, found my way around and ran 40 MPH without hitting anything. LMT is at least 2x the cost of the Louisiana One chip but it’s 2x as good. That’s about the same as my deductible (not including the value of a ruined trip/lost fishing time). So in the end I think it was well worth it. After the cost the only downside is that I don’t feel comfortable anymore without it - especially running around the limestone rocks east of Tallahassee.
I want to also say that I’ve heard some people comment that good seamanship should get you by. My reply is that I’ve got about 60 years of experience running fast boats in shallow water- including 65 foot planing hulls. When you’re running into the sun or in low light conditions in unfamiliar water it’s great to have all the help you can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.