Fishing the Marshes of NE Florida with Artificial Bait: Video

Discussion in 'Florida East Coast' started by Viking1, May 11, 2017.

1. Viking1

Viking1 Well-Known Member

This video covers some of the basics of getting started in fishing the salt marshes in NE Florida. Just like everyone else I get my fair share of humble pie when chasing fish so if anyone has any other tricks to share always looking for new ideas.

DBStoots likes this.
  2. DBStoots

DBStoots I Love microskiff.com!

That was terrific, thanks for sharing. I've wanted to fish the NE FL area for some time now. I just might have to make that trip now!

3. Viking1

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. If I can help with any other information for your trip let me know.

DBStoots likes this.
  4. fishicaltherapist

fishicaltherapist I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks for sharing ! NE Fl. is on my "bucket list." I'm jealous of your tides as, a 2 ft change in TB can be a cause for celebration !

5. Viking1

I know what you mean. I spent a lot of time in Fort Myers and the tides are about the same there. In Tampa Bay I have fished out of Bishop Harbor and Cockroach Bay and really liked both locations. When you get up to Jacksonville check out the Jim King ramp on Sisters Creek. It is a good spot to launch a skiff, ramp can handle 4 boats at a time, lots of parking, there is a "No Wake" zone (most big boats honor it but unfortunately not all) so your boat will not get swamped while launching or retrieving. From this ramp you can go north on the ICW and see lots of creeks along the way, including the run by Ft. George that will take you over to Simpsons Creek. If you go south from the King ramp you can cross the St. John's and get to the ICW on the other side where you will find lots of creeks too. If the water is calm on the St. Johns fishing under docks is good for trout, reds and flounder. Lots of options in the area.