Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once saw a florida sportsman video of two guys fishing the snake bight out of flamingo and they had gotten into numerous schools of tailing reds. It looked almost to good to be true. They had to troll a long way in because of the nmz. They made it seem like that kept a lot of would be fisherman from fishing there and that is what made it so good. I have never been that way myself and was wondering if any one has had similar experiences? They made it seem like it was the promised land. Or something like that anyway. Any input wld be great...

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,371 Posts
If it’s a promised land and people draw attention to it on the internet it won’t be a promised land for long. I tell people the same thing about any area they ask about...you won’t know if you don’t go!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
Snake Bight is no secret.

But I suspect it may be one of the areas of Florida Bay that has suffered the most from the hyper salinity and loss of grass the past few years. I haven't been down there since Winter 2015, so I don't know first hand. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Reactions: Newman

·
Registered
2015 HB Pro
120 Posts
No secret anymore. Was out last month, due to a flat trailer tire we were an hour later than normal, when we got to the Crown (the area just south of Snake Bight where I think you’re referring to) there were 6 boats already there. That area has been hard hit by the water conditions. It can still be productive, but is much much more hit or miss and it’s been a couple years since I’ve seen those big schools of reds hanging there. Go on Instagram and look at Benny Blanco’s pics from 2-3 years ago and see all the beautiful sea grass and then look at the current pics, it is a shocking difference and really highlights what has happened to our water.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man what a shame! The bible says in Chronicles 7:14 that if my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. nuff said

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright then, it's official... Snake Bight is off the list for now. Iv'e never fished Cedar Key. May take a look in that area. Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? tell me about it. What did you catch? What were you throwing and on what tides? Can't wait to hear!

·
Registered
336 Posts
The guys are right. Water quality hit the area grass HARD. Snake bite still holds secrets though. There are small lakes and ditches if you know where they are they hold fish. Enjoy learning it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts