Fishing show worth driving all day?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beyondhelp, Feb 2, 2010.

1. beyondhelp

beyondhelp Well-Known Member

That other site with the messed up forum is having a show. Anyone going? I've never been and had heard it was a good time. The Snook Foundation also e-mailed an invite to a tribute event afterward. Just trying to get an idea if it's worth it. Thought I might be able to pick up some more fishin stuff I don't need.

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

If you're talking about that site that's always had problems.....It's worth going if you know up front you're going to pay your $$ at the gate, and be done seeing everything in about 1/2 hour.

I've gone a bunch of times, each time hoping it would be better than the last one. It never is..

-T

3. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the 1/2 hour thing. It's neat but not work an all day excursion. Unless your looking for a reason to road trip. :)

4. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Sadly, much like their magazine and forum it has gotten worse over time. I attribute this to the economy. There are a lot of great manufactures who participate in the shows and would suggest if you want some great face time with one of the vendors absolutely go! Vendors pay a decent amount to be there, if you can show your support for them I'm sure they would appreciate it.

I hear the Lakeland Fish/Dive Expo is great.

5. beyondhelp

Thanks for the honest opinions, it looks like we have a decision to make. I like the idea of supporting the CCA as well.

6. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

I'm either going to Lakeland or T-ville on Saturday, not sure yet. If you are wanting to see the FS show, just wait till September when it's closer. ;)

7. beyondhelp

Kinda what I was thinking Gramps. Dad and I figured it would be a good excuse for a road trip. I sent him a link to this thread and figured since he's driving maybe he'll decide. (His car is cooler and faster than mine. LOL)