Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Columbia Brewha. I buy them on eBay from this dude, I want to say 25$ with free shipping and they come in the plastic wrap and have the Columbia tags on them.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,062 Posts
Reactions: Smackdaddy53

·
Registered
133 Posts
I see guys fishing all day long wearing $125.00 shirts, $75.00 shorts, $3,000.00 Rolex, $150.00 shoes and $80.00 of other apparel. Never understood how they stayed clean.

I think I got it now - They are fishing and NOT CATCHING otherwise they would be buying new clothes every weekend....oh wait...once every two months because the wife will not let them go every weekend.

I wear a bathing suit (board shorts) and a stained tee shirt of some type whether it is a Guy Harvey or not.

·
Registered
361 Posts
60 bucks for shorts? Any one else besides me think that's ridiculous? To get fish blood and guts on.
Folks also probably roll their eyes at guys that fish out of 16-foot boats that cost $50K. :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Dakota Grizzly convertible pants. I find them online, sometimes, for 19.99. Take the legs off and pitch'em. Made of lightweight nylon, which helps keep your nuts cool. 2 cargo pockets, zipper back pocket and one zipper side pocket. Durable.

I like nice gear and dont hesitate to drop crazy money on gear. If Simms/Huk made better shorts for fishing, I'd wear them.

·
Fly-By-Night
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The fact that there's even a shorts discussion is a head shaker.
This will make you feel more at home.

I think I heard Chittum is going to start selling some braided out of Dyneema in an attempt to reduce weight and gain market share from Hell's Bay. The HB Kevlar shorts are probably still better though because they have Flip carving the buttons out of Guava.;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
What is the best thing going for the money? I need to replace my current stock, they
Currently use the Hook and Tackle beer can swim shorts. I don't want anything shorter than an 8" inseam (I'm not Australian or Tom Selleck). I had some Simms but they were kinda thin and I ripped 2 pairs getting the leg hung on stuff.

Looked at the 10.5" Huk shorts online and they get good reviews.

What do you guys like?
Aftco Stealth. Comfortable fit with a little stretch. Pocket for pliers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got a few pairs of Columbia Backcast watershorts. They dry quick, pretty comfortable and don't cost a fortune. Not sure I've ever felt the need for high dollar fishing specific shorts. To quote Rodney Dangerfield "they cover my nuts don't they?"

·
Registered
48 Posts
What is the best thing going for the money? I need to replace my current stock, they are looking pretty gnarly.

Currently use the Hook and Tackle beer can swim shorts. I don't want anything shorter than an 8" inseam (I'm not Australian or Tom Selleck). I had some Simms but they were kinda thin and I ripped 2 pairs getting the leg hung on stuff.

Looked at the 10.5" Huk shorts online and they get good reviews.

What do you guys like?
I bought a few pairs of the Bass Pro ones a few years ago, holding up really good for $24.99..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just ordered another pair of AFTCO Stealth shorts. Recently started fishing in long pants more. Had a couple pair on hand w/ the zip off lower legs but not real satisfied w/ them; not exceptionally comfortable to me. ... Need to find a comfortable pair of long fishing pants & been looking @ AFTCO's but can't find any in stock @ a dealer to look at & try on .... Anyone else fishing n long pants w/ recommendations?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts