Fishing shoes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by contenderv07, Apr 18, 2012.

1. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

yea I know this sounds stupid, but I wanted to see what people were wearing shoe wise while fishing... I need to get something that is going to have some support for my back (damn football), no rainbows or crocs... not to mention I'd like to get something so I can jump in the water if needed and not mess them up. Again, I know this is a stupid question, just looking for something that will save my back for poling for hours

2. Cody_F

Cody_F 2012 ankona copperhead 60etec

Iv got the Columbia drain makers , nice shoes work well in water. I also have the file skele-toe shoes. , work good although both of them will fill with sand when wading etc.

3. contenderv07

wow I like both of those..... I was also looking at any of the Keen sandals (used) from ebay.. I don't feel like spending a lot of money on some shoes I'm gonna get wet and dirty

4. Cody_F

Your best bet would be a sandal based shoe of somewhat so that sand can get out if ( which it will ) get in them.

5. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

I normally just go down to wal mart and buy a pair of cheap tennis shoes. I mainly use them for wading and just throw them in the back of the truck when Im done. Lasted me over a year so far....

6. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

I go barefoot but I hear there Sperry topsider water shoes aren't bad : http://www.basspro.com/Sperry-Top-Sider-SON-R-Bungee-Water-Shoes-for-Men--Grey/Green/product/11092305011140/263728?hvarAID=shopping_googlebase&om_mmc=shopping_googlebase
    Also maybe the vibram 5 finger water shoes will work for you as well: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/barefoot-sports/water_sports.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=vibram+water+shoes&utm_content=sport+-+vibram+-+water+(exact)&utm_campaign=brand&mkwid=sypZItdcH&pcrid=17299978189

7. Cody_F

Shimano makes a shoe really similar to those sperrys you posted for about 24.99 at our local tackle store , and don't waste money on vibrams , there a fancy version of fila skele toes and run upwards of 100+ dollars. And they also fill with sand. Those sperrys or a shoe similar to them like the shimanos would be your best bet.

8. Cody_F

Here's a link to all of columbias water shoes http://www.columbia.com/shoes-boots-mens-water-boat/footwear-men-waterBoat,default,sc.html

9. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Keen Newport are exellent.

10. mhinkle90

You dont happen to have a link of the shimano shoes do ya? Sounds like a pretty good deal. I just like sticking with sperrys due to the fact of their known durability

11. contenderv07

heres a link for the shimanos, not sure if it's the one Cody is talking about

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/gear/clothing_footwear/evair_sandal.html

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/gear/clothing_footwear/Evair_Marine_Fishing_Shoes.html

they look like crocs...so theyre probably comfortable. I like the Keens too

12. mhinkle90

wouldn't that be some funny tan marks on your feet lol

13. Cody_F

Those are them. Check around for good prices they range from 20's to 50's.

14. ctind002

ctind002 I Love microskiff.com!

i went through this recently, last sailfish season i was working on a 62' rybovich. i was looking for a good pair of shoes that i could use while working that wouldn't scuff the teak or the paint on the deck, i went and got a pair of sperry AVS's...... this was the worst idea i ever had, they were nice for about 2 weeks and now they hurt my feet more than being barefoot.... after much debate with a few friends ( whom all currently fisherman in Islamorada) and we have come to the conclusion that these "boat shoes" are all the same....... GARBAGE!!!!...... go get a good pair of nikes or new balence off the sale rack.... pick a running shoe, they typically have mesh sides and tongues so they wont hold water, thats what i ended up with and couldn't be happier. not to mention they are 1/3rd the price

15. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

I was very skeptical ...But ...

I tried skeletoes on a recent trip to South America ... I actually like them ...:)