Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I tend to not like cheap stuff. But the regular ol Walmart shimano or what ever brand of the day is. I have some at least ten years old. These would be the surgical style snips. I also have an old Gerber which with a flick of the wrist the pliers are deployed. Again over 10 years old.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I have a pair of Abel pliers, been using for a few years now. Nice pliers, wish the jaws were longer, otherwise they are nice. Didn't pay full price so can live with their short jaws. I keep a longer 8" pair of surgical hemostats around for deep hooked fish.

·
0 Posts
I want and need the very best of some things, but pliers are not one of those things.

They're all just pliers to me.

Gotta have a pair handy, though.

My fillet knife and my pliers are essential tools, but they are not fancy.

Now Boga Grips? Cheap imitations won't do. Gotta have the real thing.

And I have spent $1000 on a custom Bowie knife. And that's just crazy, for sure.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
166 Posts
I’ve used a bunch of them as well , the bps pair is still holding on but barely , lost a pair of Manley’s overboard going to get the van staals one day just haven’t pulled the trigger ..., also been wanting to try some sargents very tough with dedicated hook cutter if the need arises hope it doesn’t but be glad you have a pair that will easily cut a strong hook if you have to

J

·
0 Posts
Accurate makes a solid, reliable pair of pliers. If you take advantage of using the thether, you're likely to be able to keep them around.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Simms pliers have been very good to me. They recently came out with a new design so the older ones have been marked down to 100$ i do believe. I think I purchased my online from Chicago fly shop if I am remembering correctly.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts