Fishing partner needed

Discussion in 'Gulf Coast, Alabama to Texas' started by dbrady784, May 16, 2018.

1. dbrady784

dbrady784 Well-Known Member

I’m testing the waters for a new fishing partner. Mainly fish out of Surfside, wading or in my IPB. Would love to trade off poling with someone (preferably who fly fishes). Usually fish evenings, but occasionally mornings on the weekend. Seldomly during the weekday mornings, but if the opportunity arises. I also tie flies, but if you do too that’s cool. Love to see new patterns. Also if we go on the boat HEB garlic pistachios or the sea salt and pepper pistachios are a plus in my book. Fairly new to the area but don’t have much trouble running into fish usually. The only disclaimer is that the pushpole just started to splinter so you may get a couple fiberglass splinters, which does suck I know, but working on getting a new one/refinishing it. If you really wanna win me over bring a few cool fishing stickers. Lastly bananas are welcome because I don’t think we’ll be needing much luck

Attached Files:

POCtied and Jred like this.
  2. Jred

Jred I Love microskiff.com!

3. richg99

richg99 1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys

As far as your pole condition, I've read ( but not tried) that some guys bought large shrinkwrap and covered the pole with it.

dbrady784 likes this.
  4. Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

I'm in Angleton. Skiffless for the first time in 10 years. Hit me up sometime.

dbrady784 likes this.
  5. WillW

WillW I Love microskiff.com!

No mo Spears?

6. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

Whaaaaaat?!? We have still not fished. I’m usually making calls during the week to go on scouting trips...

7. Sublime

No sir. Sold it last year. Find me a good used 4 x 4 round baler lol.

8. Sublime

I make it down to Yorktown every few weeks, was there last weekend. My contract with BASF ends at the end of June so I may have lots of free time after that lmao.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  9. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

I’m eating breakfast in Yorktown right now about to head to the field.

10. dbrady784

dbrady784 Well-Known Member

If you’re interested pm me a number so I can try to get in touch before next outing.