Fishing Inshore Florida After Irma - Video

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Viking1, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Viking1

Viking1 Well-Known Member

Since hurricane Irma I have had the chance to fish the inshore waters around Florida in Jacksonville, Sanibel and Ft. Pierce. In all locations, even after a month, I am still finding dirty water. In this turbid water I have found the best fishing near where estuaries are near inlets or open water. What have you found that works?

2. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

Nice video, always enjoy your vids.

Viking1 likes this.

3. Mustang

Mustang Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. I’ve learned a lot from your videos.

Viking1 likes this.
  4. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

yes he water is colored but last Saturday I got 10 snook, 2 slot reds, a trout, a large bluefish, a pretty nice jack and a small cobia. My grandson got 4 snook also. I'll take it.

Viking1 likes this.
  5. Dawhoo

Dawhoo Well-Known Member

I will be honest, dirty water or not.... I am catching more nice redfish than at any point in last 5 years. Charlotte Harbor/Matlacha has been great even if the visibility is only 1 foot or less.

Viking1 likes this.
  6. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

Found cleaner water around pine island on low tide last weekend and caught a few small snook,reds and some decent trout, and a small triple tail out in the sound along with a nice little grouper water was dirty until we got further back in the mangroves.

Attached Files:

Viking1 likes this.
  7. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

same here, was dirty at the oyster bars but clear way back in.

8. Viking1

Viking1 Well-Known Member

That is a great day by any standard!

Today and Monday I fished the Weeki Wachee River and around Bayport. The water was clear and the fish hungry. It was fun catching jacks and trying to avoid a manatee that took a liking to my boat. Around Jax before the front last week fishing was excellent

Mustang likes this.