SOLD/EXPIRED Fishing/Boat Dog

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by FlyWrecker, Dec 2, 2013.

1. FlyWrecker

FlyWrecker Well-Known Member

My 4 year old daughter wants a kitten, or a fluffy dog she can play with...The LARGE PRINT on the back of my man card says GET A LAB.

We are looking for a female lab puppy for Christmas. No crazy mixed breads; can be any color. My wife likes yellow or brown.

We live in a house and have a fenced yard for the dog to run around. The dog would spend it’s days playing fetch, fishing with me, chasing squirrels and cats that come into the yard, and whatever crazy game my daughter can think up…

2. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

Great choice... I've got two of them. When you go to choose that puppy get a close look at both the dam and the sire...

Yes, the females are a bit smarter if the ones I've had are any indication....

3. FlyFisherK

FlyFisherK Dieu et les Dames

Lab would be perfect you. Only problem I have when I take her is I can't keep her out of the water!! She runs full speed of the bow when I'm poling. Can't get mad at her though.

4. FlyWrecker

Thanks guys, please let me know if you hear of any!

5. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

[​IMG]

This is ZaraSpook, my Florida cur.  She jumps up on the platform with me or stands on the bow to spot fish if the water is clear enough.  Only jumped out twice.  Once after a 15 lb snook and once for a red.  I rescued her from the streets of Ft. Pierce 12 years ago.  Rescued dogs rock.  She can spot tailers and fish under water.

6. FlyWrecker

That's the kind of dog I want!

7. Snooknut

Snooknut Well-Known Member

Tom,

Not sure if the still do but Eric and PK @ Betts have labs and maybe able to put you in touch with a good breeder.

8. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

I have a Florida Cur also and it has been the most obedient and loyal sporting dog I have ever owned...

9. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

have you looked at rescue groups in your area?? You can save a life that way and they would very much appreciate it ;)

10. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

I too have a Florida (cracker) cur, 8mth old puppy, rescued at 4 mos. I have yet to take him out but he is amazingly smart and well behaved and great with kids as well as other dogs.

[​IMG]

11. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Is that a real florida cur cattle dog or just a mix that was called a cur because it looked like it?

12. Un-shore

He is a rescue and the rescue said Cur.

Why do you ask?

13. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Cur's are usually darker. But judging by the mouth he's got the right "blackmouth". He looks cur/mix. But plenty good enough. We've had cur dogs all our lives, great dogs. I now have a jack russell, she is wayy smart and actually never barks (a blessing with jack russells) and she loves the water with a capitol L. And she's more manageable on a smaller boat.

14. Un-shore

Thanks CR.

He is actually a bit darker especially on his back and less "pink" tone overall. Those white areas on his shoulder and his paws are not white. It was a decent picture taken with a really good camera by a really bad photographer. (me) :)

15. kamakuras

kamakuras Well-Known Member

I have a Catahoula Cur, best boat/water dog ever! Smart (a little too smart) and great with kids. Cannot keep him from jumping off docks or boats though. Barracudas and puffer fish seem love him!

16. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Just asking because a real Florida cracker cur is hard to come by and really only comes from a few lines of old school ranchers in FL that don't sell their dogs.

Normally people will sell hound and bull mixes that look like curs and call them "Florida curs" and which may be great dogs...but are not really cracker curs.

Anywho, great dog!

17. FlyWrecker

It's taken a couple months; I finally found a rescue lab for the cost of vet bills, microchip, etc. Thanks for all your positive responses, PM's, Etc. I learned more about pedigrees,  breeders, backyard breeders, puppy flippers, puppy mills than I ever should have. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

She's beautiful. Now you will have to learn how to train her to be a part of your family. Google up Don Sullivan's Secrets to training the Perfect Dog. This is the best training program I have ever seen and well worth the money. My wild dog Luna walks at my side off lead through the woods and will never leave my side. I can now do things with her that I never thought possible. It's all about training the owner…, the dog will respond accordingly. ;)

19. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

Good for you on getting a rescue!!!! Those are the best kind ;)

20. Un-shore

Congratulations, that's a smart one and a beauty at that.

X2 on the rescue