Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what pliers are you using/recommend and what ones to stay away from...under $100
Why?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Boone angled needle nose pliers. Only about 15 bucks. They work great on big and small fish alike, don't flex, and you won't hate yourself if you drop them over the side. Really work great on getting out hooks deep in the mouth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had a old set of bass pro pliers i got as a gift. have had them for 5 years with no issues. I wash them after every trip. But if i were to buy a new pair i would go Danco for the price and quality.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Danco is about the best value going. We are pretty hard on pliers and both sets of ours is still going strong. Their sheath is pretty crappy though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ive been using the Mustad, pliers from wallyworld, or the KVD pliers which i believe are also a mustad product. Been using them for three years in fresh and saltwater and i do not take care of them... little to no corrosion

·
Registered
2020 Salt Boatworks FRS-14
228 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Danco. I get them at my local tackle shop for $13 a piece. I have 3 pair of them.

·
Fine line between recreation and degeneracy.
1978 mako 17
323 Posts
Manleys in a leather sheath I paid more for than the pliers. But it clips over your belt like an OWB holster and you can take it off without having to remove your belt. Won’t ever own another pair.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts