Fishfinder

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by graffix338, May 17, 2011.

1. graffix338

graffix338 Proud Sundance K16 Owner!

Looking for recommendations for a fishfinder in the $199 range. I mainly fish the flats and would be for my 16' skiff.

Thanks!

2. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

i've got a garmin 300c, its a small unit that does a decent job, i paid around$250 for it but think they have dropped in price a little bit :-/ if your fishing the icw up here all you need is a basic unit that will give you accurate depth measurements so you can find the holes, no need to go broke buying much more imo :cool:

3. graffix338

graffix338 Proud Sundance K16 Owner!

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the 300c. Yes, I mostly fish the ICW from Palm Vally to St. Augustine. Sometimes I go out to the Croaker hole in the St. Johns near the Shand's bridge.

4. bmacneil2008

bmacneil2008 I Love microskiff.com!

Just ordered a Gheenoe NMZ. Not sure if qualifies as a 'skiff' but is what I could afford ;) I will have a side mount grab bar and looking for a GPS/Depth unit.

Mostly will be on the Edisto, Ashley and Santee rivers in Charleston, lots of shallow water. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Robert M.

5. Charlie

Charlie I Love microskiff.com!

I don't own a fish finder, but have been looking into them. The humming bird fishing buddy series interested me. It's portable and self contained, which I like since I fish mostly water 8" or shallower. Give it a look.