Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am hooking up with a guy in St. Augustine to have a fish replica made of my wife's Permit she caught a few years back in the lower Keys for her Birthday! He makes them out of Cyprus and his artwork is amazing! My only issue was the Permit was never measured and was out of the water maybe 30 seconds then back in! It was heavy and I would say easily over 25lbs and my only constant I have is her shoulders measure 18" wide. Any thoughts on getting an somewhat accurate measurement off this photo??
1permit.JPG

·
Ex Troutbum
84 Posts
So if you know what the height of the poling platform (or her shoulders) is you can import this into a photo program and measure the other dimensions quite accurately.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just make sure what you measure is on the same plane of the fish. If it was me, I would measure off the back rest that is right behind her knees. Measure the backrest and it even has has lines on it like a ruler. Don't worry about weight much but yes that fish could be 25lb depending on girth.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sold the boat so do not have those measurements but again I measured the width of her shoulders last night and got 18"! By the way I love you Gadaboutgaddis handle as most youngsters will not know who or what that is!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,085 Posts
Sold the boat so do not have those measurements but again I measured the width of her shoulders last night and got 18"! By the way I love you Gadaboutgaddis handle as most youngsters will not know who or what that is!
Old Gaddabout Gaddis was some kind of fella. I had the pleasure of meeting him waaaayyy back late 60's.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Capt Bob I came up with 37"-38" last night using a photo measuring App! I am going bigger just because it makes for a better story!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who in jax is doing the work?
I was wrong, he is in St. Augustine Rookiemistake. His name is Ross Curington and I was impressed with his work!
IMG_7609.JPG
IMG_7608.JPG
IMG_7610.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts