Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
When I have all my orders filled and no booking in sight I'll try to spend a day on the water exploring a bit... I make a point of not fishing places I know in an attempt to learn new things or visit places that I haven't been to in years to see what's what... It can be very slow - or really hot - I never know in advance.

By the way, my son who was in the Coast Guard finally got me to start operating a little safer than I had for years... Nowadays when I'm solo I have a Mustang inflatable PFD and a ResQ link EPIRB lanyarded to me... I'm over 70 now so it just makes good sense... should have done it years and years ago...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I go a lot by myself. Haven’t been here long enough to have established several regular fishing buddies.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Yep it's easier and I don't have a reliable fishing partner that lives close by.

I wear an auto inflate PFD with a strobe fitted and leave a note on the fridge of my planned trip.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,503 Posts
I make short runs to the backwaters here sometimes when I get the urge to stake out and wade.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Fish alone half of the time. While it was difficult finding the right fishing buddy opportunistically, I just realized that I do need to be on my own here and there. Just need to be safe and let everyone know where I am, fishing buddies, friends and family.

Reactions: Ben
1 - 20 of 64 Posts