Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall looking into maybe getting a gheenoe here soon found a couple good deals just wondering what yall thought of them. I'm looking at the 13 footer since it's not that big and I drive a focus hatch back and would ot be a problem for me to tow and launch. Just looking for something to get out there with and have some fun.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I towed my gheenoe all over Florida with my Subaru and I had the NMZ at 15'4". Just stay along the center of the boat and don't over crowd it, they fish best dead simple. Welcome!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a 15’4 for a few years and I absolutely loved it. I towed it around with my ‘03 VW Golf GL for years with no problem. I fished the boat up and down much of Florida and so long as your mindful of the boats limitations, you’ll likely get a ton of enjoyment out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I towed my gheenoe all over Florida with my Subaru and I had the NMZ at 15'4". Just stay along the center of the boat and don't over crowd it, they fish best dead simple. Welcome!
I like the simple idea. Here's my question as I am a new Gheenoe owner too. I've got a 15'4 with a 9.5 Johnson. Took it out today for the first time and was not able to get on plane. Any suggestions. My first thought is that I need better weight distribution as all the weight was toward the rear? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I like the simple idea. Here's my question as I am a new Gheenoe owner too. I've got a 15'4 with a 9.5 Johnson. Took it out today for the first time and was not able to get on plane. Any suggestions. My first thought is that I need better weight distribution as all the weight was toward the rear? Any thoughts?
Was it just you in the boat? Do you have anything in the front of the boat? I had a car battery for the bilge pump up front with a tohatsu 9.8 four stroke on mine, but I did have the whale tail thing on the motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was it just you in the boat? Do you have anything in the front of the boat? I had a car battery for the bilge pump up front with a tohatsu 9.8 four stroke on mine, but I did have the whale tail thing on the motor.
Yea it was just me today, I threw my ruck sack in the front but it only had about 25-30 lbs in it. I probably need to run it again with more weight up front but I was short on time today.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yea it was just me today, I threw my ruck sack in the front but it only had about 25-30 lbs in it. I probably need to run it again with more weight up front but I was short on time today.
Yeah, my Gheenoe would ride bow high and porpoise if I didn’t have some weight up front. Rode perfectly when I put a trolling motor and battery in the bow. Also helped when I kept a cooler on the front deck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, my Gheenoe would ride bow high and porpoise if I didn’t have some weight up front. Rode perfectly when I put a trolling motor and battery in the bow. Also helped when I kept a cooler on the front deck.
You can make you a simple trim tab or better yet add a fin to your motor to help trim the nose down
I could have but there was no need because the battery was enough to fix the issue. Also, not a fan of drilling holes in things I don’t need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts