First Power Pole...

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by matt_baker_designs, Dec 28, 2013.

1. matt_baker_designs

matt_baker_designs I Love microskiff.com!

Hey all, I just got my first power pole for Christmas :D and now I am set to install it. I just wanted to ask for some input on your experiences installing them before I went at it. It's a 6ft. pro model with remotes going on a 17ft flats boat. Any, "I would have done this differently" suggestions ?, or "I did this and it works great" experiences? I'm thinking of putting the pump in the center console, but am not set on it. Thanks!

2. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

make sure to use a backing when you mount to transom, my pump is in the rear hatch. IMHO I would leave the pump in the back, it would limit leaks in the chase pipe (if that were to ever happen), Installation is pretty straight forward, make sure to drill at the same angle as the transom.

3. matt_baker_designs

matt_baker_designs I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks for the input. I'm installing it now. I did decide to put the pump in the back. Just mounted it next to my jack plate pump. I'm going to run a 12 gauge wire up to the console and mount the remote box and reverse relay there. So far so good.