Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,513 Posts
That's why it has taken me this long t ok get into the fly game!
It doesn't have to be expensive. I actually use fewer fly rods than I did spinning rods.

There are always rods/reels on the used market from guys who bought high and decided it wasn't for them.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,105 Posts
Welcome to the force Luke don't go to the dark side, Darth fly fisher

Reactions: CPurvis

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It doesn't have to be expensive. I actually use fewer fly rods than I did spinning rods.

There are always rods/reels on the used market from guys who bought high and decided it wasn't for them.
I actually bought my Orvis Recon used on here. I think that will be the route I take from now on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats! I dabbled with fly fishing when I was a kid and caught fish using my uncles fly rod, but 5 years ago, I bought a set up and got lessons. I might can count on 1 hand how many times I have picked up a conventional rod since.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Congrats! I dabbled with fly fishing when I was a kid and caught fish using my uncles fly rod, but 5 years ago, I bought a set up and got lessons. I might can count on 1 hand how many times I have picked up a conventional rod since.
I’m the same way and was hot and heavy for awhile. Wish I would have never put it down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts