Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not totally done, but first day on the water.

Tohatsu 50hp - 38 brief wot - 5600 rpm stock alum prop
lo-profile console, tilt helm

www.ankonaboats.com

Carbon fiber hatches....

Dang, bad photo!  Cut off the port stern insulated 'livewell' filled with ice and beverages  :)

Hope to see all for the Flamingo / Islamorada run!

M

·
BBA Counselor
7,209 Posts
Awsome! will there be a high profile center console for us less vertically challenged guys?

·
Paddling away...
6,483 Posts
Looks like I need a 50! :D

·
Paddling away...
6,483 Posts
carbonfiber hatches. :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Please step up and start making a 21-23 bay boat for our area!

-T

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have the standard center console also. The lo-profile with the raised tilt-helm actually has the steering wheel at the same height for stand up steering. Like anything else, just a different way to spend more money:)

Standard hatches will have carbon in them, just not clear coated. For clear coat, we used car-show visual quality CF.

The toe rail isn't teak (or even wood). Its a composite "wood grain" film that is molded into the deck. No varnish work here!

Thanks!

·
Throwin' loops
284 Posts
The toe rail isn't teak (or even wood).  Its a composite "wood grain" film that is molded into the deck.  No varnish work here!

Thanks!
Hey, classic look with modern tech, doesn't hurt my feelings! Looks great either way.

Steve

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Daymet Mel! I'm trying to build a boat here and I don't appreciate post like this! This makes me wanna head to the bank to get one of those filthy boat loans and stop by the shop with an order! I would appreciate it if you were to stop posting these super sweet skiff pictures! My goodness!!!!!!!! :D

·
Paddling away...
6,483 Posts
Comparing the weight on the non carbon hatch to the carbon hatch was a big difference. Can't wait to pop the hatches on mine and see that show CF.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,928 Posts
Another beauty of a skiff in the Ankona family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts