Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 20 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don’t remember that Captain, but it’s been some years since I’ve been. I assume they still feed you pretty darn good and cold Bellikens are available at the bar.
Oh, yeah. Some of the best food for dinner that I have ever had. Belikins & Lighthouse beers. All you handle. Plus that crab dip & ceviche from the bar during happy hour was pretty darn good too.

Just a great trip and a great place to stay.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had thought about the Allen rod case but used the Allen backpack. It fit 3 reels, my fly box, 4 boxes of line, my eyeglass case, a paperback novel, a go pro style camera with a underwater case, 2 hats and the 2 rod tubes. My wife carried our third rod tube.

I may get the case for future trips but this worked out pretty good for first time.

Here is the link - https://amzn.to/3Cgw3CB

I also brought this waterproof bag for the boat, to keep our phones, sunscreen and stuff in. The only thing was that it got hot inside, so we would toss it on the top in the cooler to keep it cool - https://amzn.to/3nskpPa

Attachments

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like a great trip and congrats on the bones! See any permit?
We chased permit and tarpon for two days with no luck. Much of that had to do with my mid level casting abilities, though some of them were pretty good. We even threw live crab on spinning gear. Those were perfect cast. Just made us determined to go back.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I don’t remember that Captain, but it’s been some years since I’ve been. I assume they still feed you pretty darn good and cold Bellikens are available at the bar.
He was actually one of the guides in the Buccaneers & Bones series when they had Michael Keaton at El Pescador. He has been around awhile.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats and welcome to the sickness! My wife and I were down in San Pedro, Belize the week of Oct 18. Took out a guide for two of those days and caught a few bonefish and broke off around an 80lb tarpon, saw zero permit though. To be fair one day was pretty cloudy so we couldn’t see anything so pretty much a wasted day, always seems to be my luck, one day is shot when taking out guides lol.
We were there they week of the 11th. We are already planning on going back next year. The were people who go every year, sometime twice. That is a lot of $$$ but worth it.

1 - 9 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.