Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a true “skiff” but I am pretty sure this will cover 90% of my needs for my next few years until I can upgrade to a true skiff.

2014 G3 1548
2006 Yamaha 20 HP 4 stroke
Came with power tilt/trim, MinnKota RipTide, a Bimini top, poling platform, and a front rail.

Took it out for the first time in a local small creek and I was surprised how stable it was. Had the wife on board and we cruised around for an hour while I got used to the motor and the boats handling.

Should be a nice fishing platform for the creeks up here where I live.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the same hull but 1756 G3 side console with Yamaha 70.I also had a custom poling tower built for it. I was surprised how easily it poled and it actually tracked really well.
Congrats and enjoy they are great boats!

·
1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys
776 Posts
I own two tinnys. I worry a lot less about oyster reefs now. You will have a ton of fun for very little money with your new SKIFF.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
167 Posts
Great boats and congrats. Used to have a 1548 with a 25 Johnson and loved it. It will slide a little in tight corners if you’re going fast. Currently waiting on a 1652 to strap my yamaha 50 two stroke to.

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,563 Posts
Great 1st boat!

Go buy some cheap Yoga Mats and put them on the floors to deaden any sound

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
skiff
/skif/
noun
noun: skiff; plural noun: skiffs
  1. a shallow, flat-bottomed open boat with sharp bow and square stern.
Well other than the sharp bow you're in!

B

·
0 Posts
Many people discount the tinnies, for where I fish they are truly the best choice! Oyster and rock are rough on fiberglass bottoms and it don’t matter how much epoxy and graphite one puts on it. I think they are great boats that will literally last forever if not beat to crap and kept clean of the salt!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Perfect boat. I’ve seen people hang mats or “carpet fingers” off the bow to get rid of the hull slap poling into the wind. In a lot of ways I like the jon boat better than a skiff. Let’s see some pictures fishing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts