Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this from outasight and other skiff project are making this project a little unrealistic for me to finish.  Previous post:
http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1227978856

Killer lines and solid fiberglass skiff with foam core deck, definately needs some cleaning up, glasswork, etc, but its has some amazing lines and transom is solid.  floats in a couple inches as is.  $400 firm

also have this older evinrude sportwin 9.5hp for $300 if anyone is interested.  starts up first pull usually, runs great, could use a carb cleaning.  

best way to reach is phone: 407-506-3515.  can also email some extra pics (hopefully I posted the pics correctly). located downtown orlando. thanks -chris

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You supposed to lose money on boat deals! ;D

Seriously, do you have a title for it?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Question for you....how does the 9.9 run the mitchell?

The reason I ask, is that I have a Mitchell and I am looking for a motor. But I figured a 9.9 wouldn't be enough to push it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is actually an older 9.5 2-stroke, but it will plane and top out around 16mph or so, not too fast but sufficient. there's not much weight to this boat though and I never ran it fully loaded with a couple people and tons of gear

·
Registered
423 Posts
gotcha....still worth thinking about...i will let you know.

btw...after removing the center seat and such...did you notice much flexing in the hull, or did it stay pretty rigid?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Previous owner actually removed the seats. the boat is pretty rigid due to the addition of the deck and rubrails glassed in. I was thinking about adding a false floor, stringers, or extra fiberglass because the floor is a little flimsy for my own personal comfort level with the rocks and oysters I see down here. Although I did think about just buying 10 cans of camo colored paints, leaving it as is, and making it more of a utility skiff- but I think she deserves better than that, it has waaay too much potential

1 - 13 of 13 Posts