Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a hatch finatic 7 plus that I am looking to trade for a black nautilus nvg or something similar in price in great condition. I bought this hatch and caught a fish on it and realized it wasn't the reel for me. This reel is in perfect condition. I am also interested in trading for a high end rod. Reel is spooles with white backing and comes with reel pouch. I also have hatch tropical line to go with it if the deal is right, if not I'm holding onto it.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,347 Posts
Try bringing your elbow down and using your hand as the fulcrum point. The reel becomes a counter balance and the whole rig can start becoming more of an easy to cast pendulum and will cause your rod swing and line weight to feel lighter. Going lighter in the reel will have the opposite effect, unless you cast with your elbows and shoulders high. In that case, your future might have rotor cuff surgery involved in it at some point. Something to think about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try bringing your elbow down and using your hand as the fulcrum point. The reel becomes a counter balance and the whole rig can start becoming more of an easy to cast pendulum and will cause your rod swing and line weight to feel lighter. Going lighter in the reel will have the opposite effect, unless you cast with your elbows and shoulders high. In that case, your future might have rotor cuff surgery involved in it at some point. Something to think about.
I wade fish 90% of the time so I don't like carrying heavy stuff. The weight issue is carrying everything, not my cast. I've been throwin a long rod for some time now and I don't think my cast is a problem. I really want a nautilus NVG tho which is another reason to get rid of the hatch

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,347 Posts
Curious, what weight rod and line wt are you using? What area do you live and what species are you targeting aside from redfish?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts