1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice rig ... congrats!

·
Registered
895 Posts
This is a such an interesting ride, how well does that pole hold you in place in 5 ft of water? Were you asking about the 90 in another thread to put on this?

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a such an interesting ride, how well does that pole hold you in place in 5 ft of water? Were you asking about the 90 in another thread to put on this?
Thanks buddy, sold it in June thinking Id be without a boat until October latest but thanks to Covid my Heron 18 has been delayed, but maybe getting rigging done this week. I posted about the 90 Yammie SHO for my new Heron 18. That pole was ok, but not great especially in current or in another wake of a boat riding by. Wish me luck as I may not have to fish off my paddle board or canoe this spring! Maybe even get a camp in Canaveral National Seashore before the warm weather arrives and doesnt leave.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Man that's a long wait. My next boat is going to be something along there lines, maybe a smaller motor. The seat combo and everything here is different then what I have sen before, how did it handle?

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man that's a long wait. My next boat is going to be something along there lines, maybe a smaller motor. The seat combo and everything here is different then what I have sen before, how did it handle?
So, I switched out the old 2 stroke and put a 25 new 4 stroke yammie on it. Still ran 28mph with 2 people and the yeti as the seat.

The gheenoe setup like this was awesome, easy to handle, you're sitting up a bit higher so can see. I would throw it in idle and stand on the seat and steer and fish at the same time in the river or along some docks. Plus, the entire boat is now open to throw whatever you want in it.

The ride is super wet and you really had to pick your days, IMO not a great boat for NSB down to Cocoa since it seems to kick up often in the afternoons. They have niche area and is a super skinny boat, would literally get out and push it over sand bars that came up to 2 inches of water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts