few questions about 25 hp 2 smoke props?

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by mark_gardner, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

i have a power tech 11 ss prop on my 25 hp merc 2003 2 smoke ( i think it's an 11, the numbers are hard to read) i need to know what pitch range is available for this motor??? by myself the motor sounds like it"s really screaming and think if i could get some more pitch on the prop i couild increase top end speed. also, where are you guys getting these "mini tachs" from? i have no idea what rpms i'm turning and would like to get a decent tach without breaking the bank. thanks :cool:

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php

http://www.ptprop.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,1/Itemid,46/

3. Flyline

Flyline Won &quot;Do More With Less&quot; Award!

get a tinytach 2c model and 13'' pitch stainless steel propeller for your merc.

11" is too low for it unless u carry a very heavy load.

4. mark_gardner

i emailed tiny tach today and they told me i should get model# TT 226-RXL , i dont even see that one on their web page??? i do see where you can get 2-2C models, one you can reset and one you cant, other than that are they the same?

5. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/gasoline.php

near middle of page

6. mark_gardner

got it!! thanks brett :)

7. tacobreath

tacobreath I Love microskiff.com!

I would contact Capt. Ron a sponsor on this forum and his business name is The Skiff Shop. He just set me up totally with a 4 blade Powertech prop and put in an extra super-cup in the blades that really holds the water. I can run the 25 Merc. with the prop tips coming out of the water and no cavitation even wide open. It was a 4 blade and kinda pricey but it holds water as good as the old $600. predator props and seems to defy nature. He had to re-send me an 11 pitch as the 12 pitch was a tad too much prop only turning 5700 rpm's and the 11 turns 6250 wide open and trimmed out (way out lol)- sounds like a sewing machine running and sweet!!!! He also sent me a tiny tach and that really helped out since without it you would swear the motor was turning 10 grand but it's very deceiving trying to guess. If possible go the extra hundred for the 4 blade if you want the last degree of performance otherwise I am sure the 3 blade with his magic cup would be almost as sweet.

8. mark_gardner

thats good info man , thanks :cool: i definitely need to get a tach so i can see what she's turning

9. REELKEEN

REELKEEN I Love microskiff.com!

Whatcha doin this weekend? I'm gonna have my minnow out and I still have 2 of Capt. Ron's props. Maybe we can try my 4 blade or the 3 blade with the extra cupping on your boat and see how she performs. I'm going to buy the 4 blade but maybe you can give them a try before I send it back to Ron.

Plus I'd love to borrow your handheld to see what I'm running. ;)

10. mark_gardner

that sounds great jordan, i would really like to give those props a shot. i'll be booked up all day sat. but can definitely do something sunday if thats posible and also going to try and hit low tide in the late afternoon next week. i'd be happy to let you use the gps for some high speed test runs  :D if your going out sat. and sun is bad for you then maybe we can hook up tonight or sometime fri. and i'll give you the gps so you can do your testing :cool:

11. REELKEEN

I'm thinking I'll be in the boat both days. Sat and Sunday Where would be a good smooth place to go run them on sun?

12. mark_gardner

how about the 210 bridge in palm valley???????

13. REELKEEN

How bout I meet you in Mandarin and that way I don't get lost getting over there.

I'm still new to the area. Don't know my way around yet.

14. mark_gardner

sounds great, what time are you thinking about going?

15. REELKEEN

Give me a call tonight or tommorrow, we'll talk about it.

(386) 365-0808

16. REELKEEN

We still goin Sunday?

17. mark_gardner

yes, had a long day yesterday, i'll call you this afternoon to nail down a time, i got the boat ready to go :cool: