Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an IN-Hull transducer on top of the tunnel but cant manage to feed the wire up to the center console. I found a running tube under the hull with wires in it but I can not reach the feed from the console. Any Ideas every time I do anything on this hull its been a pain due to lack of space. love the hull but damn what a pain in the ass.

thank you guys

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Have you tried in inserting a "fish wire" down that tube to see where it comes out? If you can do that it shouldn't be too hard to attach your cable end to it (then tape the connection so it's all tapered, and coat with dishwashing detergent as a lubricant, then pull it through...)

All of my "fish wires" are just old stainless steel control cables in various lengths, by the way....

·
I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried in inserting a "fish wire" down that tube to see where it comes out? If you can do that it shouldn't be too hard to attach your cable end to it (then tape the connection so it's all tapered, and coat with dishwashing detergent as a lubricant, then pull it through...)

All of my "fish wires" are just old stainless steel control cables in various lengths, by the way....
thanks....That is the issue the fish wire has a loop at the end the tape came off and now its stuck. but I got a Boro-scope to see where its caught also got a flexible claw wire. Going to try tomorrow we will see. I love the boat but every install has been a bitch so far....lol. She is playing hard to tame.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The console should have a tube on the right side of the floor. It goes down, then aft and it terminates in the right rear hatch under the shelf. You might also be able to see the aft end of it by removing the access plate on the inboard wall of the same hatch area.
I can tell you how to tie it so the knot doesn't slip.
If you need more info, text me and I'll call you back and walk you through it.
813-205-5424

·
Registered
583 Posts
BTW,
I installed a SI transducer on the left side of the tunnel and it works great. Getting the big plug through was the toughest part. I had to jiggle the steering cables to get it to go past everything

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I've found that the connector plugs are always the hardest part when fishing cables through. My solution? I double the cable to form a loop - and that's what's connected to my fish wire (or pull cord...) with the connector trailing behind so that its tapered end is the leading edge instead of the largest end of the connector. Works pretty well....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts