Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im on a budget and looking to buy an 11wt to go after tarpon, jacks, and to practice casting a bigger rod in general. I have a guy willing to sell a barely used 10wt Lamson Cobalt for $280 (rod only). Originally I think its $450. The 10wt TFO Mangrove Coast is about $300 and I'm interested in that also. Im looking for a 10wt in the sub $500 range. Anybody with experience with this rod or other suggestions would be very helpful.

·
Registered
2019 Gheenoe LT10
180 Posts
Im on a budget and looking to buy an 11wt to go after tarpon, jacks, and to practice casting a bigger rod in general. I have a guy willing to sell a barely used 10wt Lamson Cobalt for $280 (rod only). Originally I think its $450. The 10wt TFO Mangrove Coast is about $300 and I'm interested in that also. Im looking for a 10wt in the sub $500 range. Anybody with experience with this rod or other suggestions would be very helpful.
From what I know from those in the industry, the Cobalt has the exact same blank as the old Standard Seat Lamson, so in theory it should have about the same feel when casting. Have owned the 9wt Lamson SS and currently have the 6wt and they are amazing rods for the money. At the price he's trying to give you it for, I would not hesitate. Can't speak on the TFO, but Lamson has my full support with their rods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.