Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Bahia honda bridge for the palolo worm run in the summer

"The worm is a tiny red worm that lives within the hard coral of the Florida Keys. Every year, they hatch from the coral and swim to the surface to spawn. Tarpon love to eat these tiny red worms, and when the hatch happens, tarpon congregate in large numbers at the bridges. Some locals believe this worm hatch is the only reason tarpon come to the Florida Keys, since usually once the worm hatch is over the tarpon migrate away. Normally, the worm hatch occurs during a full or new moon of May and June, on the outgoing evening tide. This year, though, the worms hatched on an unusual moon phase on an incoming tide, which caught many local captains by surprise. In fact, some claimed to have never seen the worm hatch happen during those conditions before. Regardless of when the hatch happens, you can bet that tarpon fishing is going to be action packed. Tarpon tend to be pretty aggressive eaters during that time and will often eat any bait that is along the surface. The worm hatch for 2013 has most likely passed, and though some of the tarpon have started to migrate away, there are still plenty of fish around to catch for the next month or two."

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,387 Posts
LOL...... Are you seriously fishing for "the" HOT spot? Do you really think that someone that really knows his shizzit will divulge that lil tid bit of info here publicly? o_O Good luck with that! Lol That doesn't deserve a reply, seriously!

Just get out there and put your own dues in and quit trying to capitalize on someone else's hard work, only to see you and a hundred other wannabe's show up, like you-re "dah man" and blowing up their hard earned poon hole with your rookie moves, from those who busted ass over years worth of work to make it happen? Lol There's no short cuts, Bub!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL...... Are you seriously fishing for "the" HOT spot? Do you really think that someone that really knows his shizzit will divulge that lil tid bit of info here publicly? o_O Good luck with that! Lol

Just get out there and put your own dues in and quit trying to capitalize on someone else's hard work, only to see you and a hundred other wannabe's show up, like you-re "dah man" and blowing up the spot for those who busted ass over years worth of work to make it happen? Lol There's no short cuts, Bub!
I could care less where your spot is ,it’s a forum I’m talking fishing, keep your spot to yourself , that’s not what the thread was meant for , all the Tarpon are yours, lol, thanks for your reply ....Bub

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
To answer the question, I like Tampa Bay around June as my second choice, but any more specific than that and you're going to have to waterboard me. First choice will go unnamed.

·
will pole for food
963 Posts
Think OP is just looking for a general tarpon discussion. Didn’t ask for your any personal spots.

Because Tarpon seem to migrate and move, there are so many cool tarpon fisheries, if you really think about it. People like @Newman and others dialing in the northern migration. The Texans getting in on the action when the weather allows. So much potential from so many States along those ancient routes. I mostly like to fish places that aren’t on a radar (don’t we all!!), and there are plenty of places like that where I live. But at least once a year, I’ll join the shit show on the panhandle. Something about that area brings me back. The fish are assholes, but we get the last laugh months later when they reach their final destination.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Haha, did David throw his Skull Anchor at you

Think OP is just looking for a general tarpon discussion. Didn’t ask for your any personal spots.

Because Tarpon seem to migrate and move, there are so many cool tarpon fisheries, if you really think about it. I mostly like to fish places that aren’t on a radar, and there are plenty of places like that where I live. But at least once a year, I’ll join the shit show on the panhandle. Something about it that brings me back.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Because Tarpon seem to migrate and move, there are so many cool tarpon fisheries, if you really think about it. People like @Newman and others dialing in the northern migration. The Texans getting in on the action when the weather allows. So much potential from so many States along those ancient routes. I mostly like to fish places that aren’t on a radar (don’t we all!!), and there are plenty of places like that where I live. But at least once a year, I’ll join the shit show on the panhandle. Something about that area brings me back. The fish are assholes, but we get the last laugh months later when they reach their final destination.
Thank you, this is the type of response I was looking for

·
Registered
623 Posts
May 29th, 7 mile bridge. Outside of that, there is great tarpon fishing somewhere from Key west-Cape Hatteras March-September. The thing that makes Tarpon fishing so incredible is doing your research, tying flies, and building leaders just to have them laugh in your face when it’s all said and done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts