Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Favorite Tackle/Boat Bag?

7915 Views 60 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  TravHale
Looking to buy a quality bag for the boat. I'm tired of buying $40-$60 bags that fall to shit after a year or two - frozen zippers, corrosion etc.

Anybody have any luck with a bag that holds up to skiff life? Hoping to find a medium size bag that holds a couple plano boxes, pliers, leader spools, fly box, file etc. Looked at Abel, FishPond, Simms and others.

Any recommendations?
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
18,816 Posts
I’ve been using this one for 7-8 years and bought two more on clearance for backups. It’s the best option I’ve found for the skiff. There are other colors and they changed the color and name but it’s the same product if you can find them.

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Folks get mad when people don't use the search function and create a new thread.
Folks also get mad when someone uses the search function and post in an old thread instead of creating a new one.
Not mad lol I just don't get it, and to be fair if it was a good informative post regarding the topic no big deal, but to dig up an old thread just to post "great pic" is dumb, let the thread be unless you have something worthwhile to add imo.

For example the post you made of the AFTCO bags is a good contribution, I actually clicked the link and looked at the cool new stuff from them.

I think the problem is threads in most forums get archived once they are old enough, not the case here so people tend to keep posting in them

· I Love microskiff.com!
1,012 Posts
Not mad lol I just don't get it, and to be fair if it was a good informative post regarding the topic no big deal, but to dig up an old thread just to post "great pic" is dumb, let the thread be unless you have something worthwhile to add imo.

For example the post you made of the AFTCO bags is a good contribution, I actually clicked the link and looked at the cool new stuff from them.

I think the problem is threads in most forums get archived once they are old enough, not the case here so people tend to keep posting in them
is it any skin off your ass?

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
18,816 Posts

Your logic is strange

· Registered
433 Posts

Nothing wrong with posting in old threads if they are still relevant.
Nothing wrong with posting a photo relevant to a thread topic.

I see nothing wrong other than needless petty criticism of someone wanting to participate and share in our public forum. Looks like the guy removed the post--good job!

· Registered
Santee
96 Posts
Well its been awoken so...

I use this backpack as my gear bag now and its been rock solid. It seems like a bargain for $70. Same guy makes recycled firefighter backpacks.

Jake makes some awesome stuff. I have a few of his minimalist wallets and love them.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts