SOLD/EXPIRED famous craft flycaster 1600

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tyfishfinder, Nov 18, 2011.

1. tyfishfinder

tyfishfinder I Love microskiff.com!

2007 famous craft fly caster 1600 measures 16'10" 2007 60hp merc. with continental trailer poling platform minn cota co pilot 80lb thrust $8500.00 just moved to TN from fl boat is now located in TN. boat drafts 7in. with two anglers loaded with fuel and runs in 4  very dry boat and takes a chop better than any other small skiff ive ever been in thanks to the V i hate to sell it but dont use it up here boat is like new only 110hrs on motor and indoor kept this boat is my pride and joy and looks that way selling for 4k less than its value

2. kbuch312

kbuch312 Well-Known Member

It runs in 4 inches of water.
    That is unreal shallow!!!

3. tyfishfinder

i fish charlotte harbor and pine island sound on the winter tides i have had in on plane running in 4inches floats in 7 ive poled it in less

4. nate.

nate. I Love BEER!

no you havent. nice boat none the less.

5. tyfishfinder

yes i have ive got video to prove it im a guide in sw fl no reason to lie about it

6. tyfishfinder

with the jack plate up and trimmed out it WILL run over 4" of water

7. jlowens2968

jlowens2968 Well-Known Member

...as long as there's 12" of mud under that 4" of water.

8. tyfishfinder

unless you have been on my boat with me you cant say how shallow it will run i KNOW how shallow ive had it and have followed by buddy in his 17 pathfinder tunnel to places i didnt think i could get to might hit bottom a couple times but have made it unless i slow down or stop then im screwed untill the tide comes up if the boat drafts 7 at rest how do u figure it wont run over 4 when there are plenty of boats out there that draft 12 and run in much less these boats run VERY shallow for a V hull thanks to the large pad so if you have never run one or tried to take one that shallow you can keep the comments to yourself .

9. jamesrich

jamesrich I Love microskiff.com!

Where are you located? i sent you a pm.

10. snooks

snooks I Love Gulp!

put 4" of water in a glass and tell me you have run in that ::) ::)...sorry aint gonna happen...the skeg alone is longer than 4"...so how are you getting water to the prop....just sayin...

11. Paul_Barnard

Paul_Barnard Well-Known Member

OP, that is a very good boat for a very good price. I would have bought that boat if I had seen it last year when I was shopping.

12. tyfishfinder

dropped price on boat 7500.00 takes it

13. extra_n

extra_n I Love microskiff.com!

PM sent, please email photos, thanks!

14. jmaxe444

jmaxe444 I Love microskiff.com!

I hear you famous. I run a Pathy 1700T and she will go in 4" but like you said don't let off. Next time time you end up sitting in skinny water that you think is too shallow to get up and run with a tunnel hull. Turn it all the way to one side and punch it. The angle and the weight will force enough water into the tunnel and you should be on plane at 180 degrees. I love watching my friends face when they think we are stuck and I turn it around and take off.

15. nate.

nate. I Love BEER!

dump the starboard tab, lift the port tab, turn all the way to port and nail it.

EZPZ

16. flying_rob

flying_rob Guest

Dont you want the port tab down if you are turning to port? If not you would bury the port side, no?

17. nate.

nate. I Love BEER!

when spinning up you should ALWAYS turn to port (left). thats the way the prop thrust wants to throw the boat any way. when lookin at the tab switch, put the left bow switch all the way down and the right bow switch all the way up. that will exaggerate the natural lean. the trick is to get on the tabs asap once you straighten up to get the boat riding correctly again.

18. kudzufly

kudzufly I Love microskiff.com!

Gorgeous boat! Wish I had some cash to take it off your hands. Good luck with the sale.

19. tyfishfinder

if anyone wants the boat if your looking to buy before jan.15 price will be 7000.00 after that price goes back up