Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know why Falcon Rods are made in China, when they advertise "Made In The U.S. of A."?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Below is what FalconRods.com responded after asking the question....

The Coastal series is one of our base import models, along with the HD
series and the Bucoo SR series.

·
Registered
681 Posts
So basically the cheaper models. lol I have a couple falcons and I like them. Just bought a coastal baitcast rod on sale at academy. Their cara series rods for bass fishing are the real deal. Super strong and tough.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do understand that. However, I do not care for false advertisement. In this day and age, we appreciate the products that are made in this country and that is (sometimes the reason) why we purchase these items for better quality.

If you are going to advertise "MADE IN THE USA", then they should all be made in the USA, not just some of them. And, if that's the case, notify your customers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yep. I heard the customer service has went downhill too. Well a worker at Bass Pro told me that so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest from falconrods.com on my recent question.... Why do you advertise Made In The USA when some of your rods are made in China?

The majority of our rods are Made In USA rods. Cara T-7, Cara ST, LowRider,
LowRider Salt (the model used mostly by CA Richardson), Bucoo Micro, Jason
Christie Series, Original Series models are all US made rods. The base
import models don't have any US made stickers on them.

I'm sorry, that is a load of crap!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Without a doubt there the best light tackle rods, and even though the coastal xg is made in china doesn't mean it isn't a great rod. The blanks are great and feel better than any other and I am sure you can agree if you have ever used one. Also they only say MADE IN THE USA on the ones that are made in the USA.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Falcon ticked me off with this as well. The Coastals used to be made in the US. They moved production to China, hid the "made in China" sticker on the butt of the rod, and didn't lower the price though it was now cheaper for them to produce. Seems like they're trying to trick people. Shady. I had the same issue with a Waterloo rod advertised as made in the US actually made in Mexico (customer service blew me off when i complained) and Kestler (they moved production of some rods to china too). It's all St. Croix and DUCE for me now. Honest and great service.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look at Castaway. They make great rods and have a rod for just about everything.
There shop is right down the road from my office and as far as I know, a lot of their rods are made there. They do have some from overseas though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Falcon ticked me off with this as well. The Coastals used to be made in the US. They moved production to China, hid the "made in China" sticker on the butt of the rod, and didn't lower the price though it was now cheaper for them to produce. Seems like they're trying to trick people. Shady. I had the same issue with a Waterloo rod advertised as made in the US actually made in Mexico (customer service blew me off when i complained) and Kestler (they moved production of some rods to china too). It's all St. Croix and DUCE for me now. Honest and great service.
Waterloo's custom rods are made in Victoria, TX. I didn't know that the lower priced ones were made in Mexico, but wouldn't doubt it. Look at Laguna Rods, I believe ALL of there rods are made here.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah I just bought a coastal, no made in the US sticker on it. But it was on sale so....... All that doesn't really get me tore up, I just want to be taken care of when one breaks cause it will happen. I haven't had a problem with Falcon but I think ST Croix is the best with that by far.

Reactions: Steven Caro

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm off my soap box now. On to better things, like catching some fish this weekend. Thanks for the input every one...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Top customer service @ Falconrods.com says the following:

Which all our American made rods on the website or catalog will have the Made in USA emblem on the page. The base import models do not. As I said before, we advertise Made In USA because a majority of our rods are made in the USA. The other models are not and do not get advertised as made in the USA.

Couldn't help myself.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts