FAKE Fire extinguishers :-(

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by noeettica, Mar 24, 2013.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Wonder if you would get a citation for having one of these ?

Just thought I would pass this along ...

http://marinelog.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3778:coast-guard-warns-on-fake-fire-extinguishers&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=195

2. blaker3421@gmail.c

blaker3421@gmail.c I Love microskiff.com!

Being in the USCG it's hard to see if they're real or not. Your best bet would be to buy from a dealer such as west marine or any other major marine accessories dealer. If we role up on you and it's in the green and Manu date is goo we will leave it alone

3. Tommysmicroskiff

Tommysmicroskiff I Love microskiff.com!

That's good to know :)

4. blaker3421@gmail.c

blaker3421@gmail.c I Love microskiff.com!

It's the way it is brother lol

5. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

So your trying to follow the rules and you have a fire on board your boat. This product doesn't work, your boat, goes down in flames, your families life is in danger, not much you can do but jump overboard and swim for it. 

I don't know about the rest of you but someone's going to get burned......krispy fried.......just sayin.

[smiley=devil10.gif] [smiley=devil10.gif]