Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
I know I have mentioned it before but that is what I was using on my HB Pro with new f70. No issues with the old one or the re power. Maybe was just lucky
Nice to hear! By chance did you ever look at alternator voltage / supply voltage (assuming you have NMEA)… on my LBP battery voltage on both was fluctuating 14-19v… above 3000 rpm would randomly shut down; never shut down below 3000 rpm but voltage would still fluctuate.

LBP now wants me to get a voltage regulator, but that’s getting too complicated for me… if the banshee works I may just swap to that.

I did not, never had a reason to die to not having any problems. I still have the guy’s number that bought it. I could ask him how it’s going.
that would actually be awesome. And just to confirm you weren’t running a PP charge or any other equipment that would have been regulating the voltage at all, correct? Just want to be sure before I drop more coin on a battery lol.

I was using a stealth 1 DC charger but the guy I sold it to said it burned up on him and he took it out. I sent him a message asking if he is still using the banshee. He has well over 100hrs and I had 60-70 hrs so it should be good test.

that would actually be awesome. And just to confirm you weren’t running a PP charge or any other equipment that would have been regulating the voltage at all, correct? Just want to be sure before I drop more coin on a battery lol.
He responded, still running the banshees. No issues. That’s over 2 years without issue in 2 diff f70s. Might be worth a shot. Here is a pic again of the batteries I put in that boat.

50AH is the one I used as cranker

Attachments

He responded, still running the banshees. No issues. That’s over 2 years without issue in 2 diff f70s. Might be worth a shot. Here is a pic again of the batteries I put in that boat.

50AH is the one I used as cranker
Wow that’s awesome. I’ll give that a try I guess. lithium battery power guys want me to buy a $400 regulator in hopes that maybe that fixes it. I think it likely would, but I’d rather just have the battery fix the issue with a BMS that works with the F70 alternator.

And you confirmed with him he’s no longer running that Stealth 1 or any other voltage reg?

I certainly appreciate all the info. Has definitely been a learning process. Cheers, dude.

I’ve been watching these lithium cranking threads with the intention of purchasing one as my next battery. Well my cranking battery has finally gone bad and planned to go with the Banshee but thought I’d double check the Amped Outdoors site for options since I have their trolling batteries and they’ve been flawless.
Anyway they don’t sell cranking and went so far as to explain why. I have attached the link to their explanation.
Not saying I’m not buying the Banshee, but item #4 seems to be an explanation of your issues and has me second guessing.

this is my point, nobody has explained to me the detailed root cause of the issues of lithium and F70

I've got two Relion RB52's wired in parallel and they crank my F70 great and I would recommend them and buy them again if I had to. One would be enough to crank the engine but they are my TM batteries so two is more than enough. It's definitely important to have a battery with a good BMS system to make sure you don't fry the alternator or the battery.

Watercraft Hood Trunk Boat Rectangle

I run a 90 SHO too and because of your feedback I'm likely going to pull the trigger on this battery!
Feel free to hit me up with any questions - but I called Banshee and spoke to one of the technical guys and he assured me the battery would be great and have no chance of overcharging due to BMS in place. So far it has been excellent and do exactly what a starting battery should do - be nothing to think about! :)

Nice, I have had zero issues with my Relion 12v 52 lithiums on my F70 as well. Have had more problems with my odyssey pc1200 battery than the lithiums. Glad to hear there are some alternatives out there. Definitely nice to shed some weight.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.