Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Have miguel look at it. It sounds like a bad isc. Dont run it anymore. An isc that is going bad can destroy the ecm and other things. Just did one where the isc killed the ecm and fuel pump. It wasn't cheap... the 115's are kinda k now for isc problems
Miguel said he will not work on anything anymore that doesn't have a HB on it...... Hahah he went to the dark side.
That's right biotch, lmao! No I'm not a HB snob!

No the problem is there isn't a 100% test for the ISC valve. The YDS will only show the signal voltage sent to the ISC doesn't show weather or not the ISC did what it was suppose to do. The ISC doesn't talk back to the ECM. Unless Cut knows a tick that I don't which is totally possible as the F115 isn't a motor i work on very often at all. Maybe 3 in the last 4 years.

Also in my experience a bad ISC will cause the motor to have an irregular idle at times.  However having to advance the throttle to get her to start is a sign of the ISC going bad. 

Cut Shadowcast777 has my # if he wants my help, I don't even charge him, lol!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yea I got a trick for testing isc. Lol swap it with a good one!
If it doesn't make the clicking noise when the key gets turned on its bad.
Yea I work on about 3 a year as well
Haha, we were texting and I asked him know anybody who has an F115 you can switch it our with. Lol only way to be positive its bad that I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.