Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning everyone. I'm new here and i am looking for information on Micro Skiffs. I have been looking around on the web and there are some nice rigs out there but also have a nice $ tag on them. I'm in southern Louisiana and fish the marshes here as often as I can. I looked at fiberglass and aluminium as well. Can anybody give me some information or feedback on a boat from Extreme called the Micro X?

·
Brandon, FL
10,944 Posts
They are a tough aluminum boat that is configured so you sit in the middle of the boat to center the weight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size boat would be suitable to move around on deck a little for two men fishing and still draft shallow and easy to pole. Minimum width?

·
Brandon, FL
10,944 Posts
Im not a super big guy but i like solid footing so i don't like anything less than 60"

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did you end up visiting Xtreme?
I did not. I called to set up a time to see them and was told they did not have any on site. They offered to call me when they did but because I was traveling the timing would not work out. They told me their new dealer in Beaumont (http://circledboats.net/) would be getting a couple but I have not had the time to check with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may reach out to Circle D and see what they have. Also I’m interested to talk to guy that are poking in aluminum boats. Some say they are too loud some say they can be used if you prepare them the right way.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I may reach out to Circle D and see what they have. Also I’m interested to talk to guy that are poking in aluminum boats. Some say they are too loud some say they can be used if you prepare them the right way.
If its a modified v it will have hull slap just pole the boat backwards and it will pole much quieter. Here is mine note the casting platform on the front that's where I pole it from
KIMG0310.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts