Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Excel, Lowe, Tracker

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  No Bait / Lures Only 
#1 ·
anyone have any experience with any of these aluminum skiffs? Looked at a Tracker 1548 all weld grizzly at BPS which appeared to be a great boat but max HP is only 25, thing weighs 688 pounds, the similar sized Lowe 1660 DT comes with a 40, 670 pounds as does the 1651 excel which has a similar weight.

#4 ·
Yes they do, I guess my main question here is why the tracker is only rated fo a 25hp (seems very underpowered especially loaded with dogs and decoys) and does anyone have any experience with any of these brands and which one offers the highest quality?

#12 ·
The 1548T Sportsman and the 1648SC are the same boat basically with some differences. The 1648Sc is rated up to a 50 Hp. The sportsman has sponsors, would that make a difference?? The 1648 SC is just a side console. Difference in the Sportsman is a tiller?? Beats the heck out of me.

#13 ·
Me as well, I’m just looking for a solid boat to duck and goose hunt out of and I want it to be as bullet proof as possible and definetly not underpowered. Going to an offshore blind with 10 dozen decoys and retrievers and running the super shallow marshs of the eastern shore means power is important

#15 ·
I bought the lowe 1660 in college , close to 6’ across back seat. Several outboards over the years. Kept it till 2 years ago. Made $300 great entry level skiff ,some what noisy,even in the best conditions though
About as maintenance free as it gets Touch up w flat matte anything
Good luck

#18 ·
Well couldn’t find any super negative reviews of the Tracker Grizzly post 2015, just the usual bitching! There is a lot I like about the layout and the features it comes standard with are nice. Unlike the others it has 4 welded stick it pin placed on all 4 corners of the boat, is powder coated and sprayed with like a rhino liner type non skid and comes pre wired for a trolling motor. The only real downside I can find is that it is only rated for a 25hp. I did find dealers around me that sell Havoc, Lowe, Excel and Edge. Of them all the Edge diamondback 16 looks like the clear choice and it come with a 50 HP Tohatsu which reviews as a beast of a motor. Going to check one out! Downside is it’s 3500$ more than the Grizzly without any of the standard features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.