Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Evo X New Build

4004 66
Josh from East Cape called, I’m up. Feel free to make suggestions/recommendations, I’d appreciate it.
Evo x build
Color
Hull/Console, sky blue
Deck/cap, Matterhorn
**Hull HMP Jack plate which is mounted as high as possible.

MOTOR
**DF60AV Suzuki mounted as high as possible to the JP
Raycor water/fuel separator
******Note
I need the boat to run in the back with Negative winter tides in SW Florida
I’m putting a Cav Plate and 3x cupped Jack Foreman prop as per recommended. I need the boat to jump up with minimal if any transom squat.

*Priorities , shallow draft when solo polling and hole shot. Not concerned about top end.

CENTER CONSOLE upgrade flush mount 9” NSS EVO lll
*Hook puller, 1 cup holder, two USB receptacle
*2 grab rail, one on each side of console
*Switches in console top compartment W/BATTERY SWITCH and ignition key
*FUSES UNDER CONSOLE WITH CRANKING BATTERY
*Three rod holders on starboard side of console.
*Wired for TM. 24v lithium forward hatch.
BOAT
*Piano hinge all hatches w/gas shocks
*Remove all buckets except under seat
*Black ops
*Cushions, bolt on, white xtra thick pleated, black piping
*Back rest bolt on
*”V” Marine Push pole holders and caddy
*Forward offset to port folding cleat.
*Bait well insulated
*Micro power pole
*Poling Platform, Modern version with cup holder/10mm Seadek and led light, side steps topped w/Seadek added forward step
*Casting platform 12” legs w/dual anchors 10mm Seadek

*TRAILER
Aluminum upgrade

*Electronics
9” NSS EVO lll w/ thru hull transducer
Nema pkg
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,822 Posts
Id bolt the F70 to stern ,less is more 👍compression plate and correct prop you will be happy, i know i would be i had the jack plate nothing but something else to toy with 👎and added weight!

Id have them tint the matterhorn a touch with the seafoam 😉 tom built me a composite solo and thats what we did turned out awesome, hull was straight seafoam, top cap a touch of seafoam to the white gelcoat ....just enough to know it had been done....just an idea to personalize it 👍😊

Its a awesome boat thanks for sharing 👍😊

· Registered
1,822 Posts
Yes i hated the Bobs Jack on my panga was nothing but another thing to worry about ,it worked great dont get me wrong just added weight and another thing to think about other that catching fish ill never have another.....

· Registered
1,822 Posts
^^^^^ thats great advice, but if you have the motor set correctly you only need to trim up ! Shut her down pole if that shallow 👍

I had Bobs Jack plate which is best IMHO Worked flawless, but it was another thing to toy with and around 30 pounds i believe added to stern....i will always bolt motor to stern no jackplate ect...and enjoy my craft👍😊

· Registered
1,822 Posts
Renegade is correct i know nothing a bout his/Vinny L fishing areas myself! And correct in saying if hes into bottom dragging then he will definitely need the jack plate 👍 if i do fish shallow i can pole in and out ,deep water is usually a few hundred feet away ....

I fish deeper waters usually so the Bobs Jack plate i had was just another thing to toy with and added weight! The Bobs did work excellent i believe because it was designed correctly, with ram in center of plate you could adjust it under power with no binding ....HMP Has a nice one as well .....

We all can agree you have to rig your own boat to fit your needs to fully enjoy it 👍😎

1 - 4 of 4 Posts