Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
East Cape Evo X
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to go time, should be ready within the next week or so per Kevin snd Adam. What a great team they have over there, it has been a pleasure building this boat with them, getting their input etc. As well as references from them to others who've built similar rigs.

This one is fairly simple, built to be light. Primary waters are left coast, as well as frequent inland freshwater as I live near Orlando area. Big bend down to as far as I feel like driving.

Ice blue topsides, matterhorn white hull. Small, simple center console. Big MFD that I can tuen 180* for fishing from bow when bass fishing. Zuke 60 (wanted the 60R but ended up not being able to get one due to supply constraints; performances improvements were nominal, couldn't justify parking it on the sidelines until one came through). Besides, never owned a zuke so I'll try it out. Others with this boat seemed happy with it. Guide mount iPilot TM, 24' PP, Micro powerpole. More pics after it gets rigged and cleaned up soon.

Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Automotive tire Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Product Automotive design

Boat Automotive design Wood Watercraft Naval architecture

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Automotive design Interior design Floor Kitchen Flooring

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Congrats. My friend just picked his X up last week. Offset, short console, F70.

Reactions: MRichardson

·
I Love microskiff.com!
East Cape Evo X
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine went in the mold last week of March. 25th-ish.

The period when it's waiting, after the mold but before rigging is the part where you get impatient. But once it goes in, the rigging happens fast.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
East Cape Evo X
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing I'm holding off on is a grab bar to protect the screen. I've experienced people grabbing at the nearest thing when caught off guard, and seen a display snapped off before. And this one is even bigger. Adam called me and advised the original design was kinda funky looking ( not pretty). I agreed. Pic below for ref - note the expression. 0 Not godawful ugly, just kinda not in line with the otherwise nice lines of the boat. Anyone have other ideas/options? Especially w/pics? I know the smaller console kinda limits the options.

Automotive design Engineering T-shirt Table Shelf

·
Registered
2022 East Cape EVO
144 Posts
Glad you brought this up as mine's a week or two behind yours and I was wondering how it was going to look/function with a balzout mount. If you come up with a solution keep us informed.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
East Cape Evo X
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do. And will be looking at everything on every cc skiff I see in the meantime. I'll run it without at first to see what ideas come up.

My mount is a Johnny Ray 360* swivel. Don't recall why it wasn't a Ballzout, but think it didn't spin all the way around.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats buddy. She is pretty.
Certainly better looking than the grandpa classic we went out on.

Doing the little riggings to suit your style of fishing and preferences was always my favorite part of new to me boats. I'm here to help if you need it.

Enjoy it man...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
East Cape Evo X
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats buddy. She is pretty.
Certainly better looking than the grandpa classic we went out on.

Doing the little riggings to suit your style of fishing and preferences was always my favorite part of new to me boats. I'm here to help if you need it.

Enjoy it man...
Thanks! That grandpa classic is still the best riding 16' skiff I have ever been on. Bar none!

Already picking out the cooler to go in front of the console and be my casting platform. Tryin to decide between ice blue or some other color for contrast. Something crazy, like white lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks! That grandpa classic is still the best riding 16' skiff I have ever been on. Bar none!

Already picking out the cooler to go in front of the console and be my casting platform. Tryin to decide between ice blue or some other color for contrast. Something crazy, like white lol.
Love the grab bar!

Check out the K2 Summit 30. I put DekIt on it and it works great as a casting platform. They sell a really high quality cushion too.

·
Registered
2022 East Cape Vantage
87 Posts
Congrats! The rigging phase is the most exciting of an East Cape Build.

Side Bar: The Zuke 90 on my 2022 Vantage is the first Suzuki I've owned, and I've been extremely happy with it so far.

·
Registered
2022 Evo waiting on delivery…
535 Posts
How long was the build (given the completion is a week or so)? I'm waiting for mine to go into the mold and its hard contain the excitement at this point.
I know what you mean I'm next in line for a V. They told me they are behind but still on for August delivery. We'll see.

To the OP, nice sled! I like that color combo...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
293 Posts
One thing I'm holding off on is a grab bar to protect the screen. I've experienced people grabbing at the nearest thing when caught off guard, and seen a display snapped off before. And this one is even bigger. Adam called me and advised the original design was kinda funky looking ( not pretty). I agreed. Pic below for ref - note the expression. 0 Not godawful ugly, just kinda not in line with the otherwise nice lines of the boat. Anyone have other ideas/options? Especially w/pics? I know the smaller console kinda limits the options.
Man I've scoured and scoured for the same question. I'm in line for a vantage and dead set on the old school console, but will definitely want a grab bar. I think it would be nice for the grab bar to extend further to the stern, as it also gives one more thing for passenger next to you to grab ahold of if things get sporty. I like the way this looks on the mavericks (sam root's boat in pic here), just not sure how to make it work on this old school console that is flatter... maybe just follow the lines of the console at closer to 90 degree angle? I think part of the challenge for you is that the screen is just that big, its going to look obtrusive. Keep us posted, and congrats!

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
I know what you mean I'm next in line for a V. They told me they are behind but still on for August delivery. We'll see.

To the OP, nice sled! I like that color combo...
Nice congrats!! What was your quoted build time from the beginning when you put your deposit down ? I know they have gotten slightly shorter with new shop

1 - 20 of 59 Posts