Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,447 Posts
Calling the manufacture is the best first step. But doing some simple math may get a good guess. Evo spec length is 17' 9". Most outboards in the 70-115 HP range add about 24-28" (my Yami F90 is about 27") of length to the overall package. This measurement is from the mounting plate on the transom to the back edge of the outboard. So 17' 9" + lets say 2' 2" = 19' 11". So round up to 20'. High degree of confidence that's going to be a hard no.

Good luck!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,983 Posts
Ok, went down stairs and measured my EVOx with Zuke 60 and Atlas micro jack plate. Here are the measurements:
Hull: 213" (this is just 17'9" and I don't know if that includes the rubrail or it is the actual edge measurement. Rub rail is about 1" thick.
Transom rub rail to back of cowling: 27" (this includes the jackplate and my motor was tilted up slightly so you can subtract 1.5-2" maybe, when tilted down all the way)
Jackplate: 4.5"
Tabs: 5" but as said above, they don't even come close to sticking out further than the outboard
TOTAL LENGTH: 240"
Remember, that is with the jackplate and engine tilted up slightly. You could save another couple inches with the motor turned hard over. Also, if you are looking at an EVOv with a 90, then add a few inches to the overall length. Its a noticeably bigger motor.

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,447 Posts
21' 9" from the front of hitch to the back of the lower unit.
What may help the OP is to measure from the tip of the bow to the back of the engine cover (trim down). This would show the minimum/maxum length assuming the possibility to have a removable or swing tongue trailer. Is this possible for you to do?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What may help the OP is to measure from the tip of the bow to the back of the engine cover (trim down). This would show the minimum/maxum length assuming the possibility to have a removable or swing tongue trailer. Is this possible for you to do?

Ok, the total length of the boat and engine combo is 19' 7". curiously turning the engine side to side actually increases the distance by about an inch.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,983 Posts
I'm g
Ok, I also went out and measured my EVOx with 90 Zuke, no jack plate on a Ramlin trailer without the folding tongue. 21' 9" from the front of hitch to the back of the lower unit.
l'm glad you measured yours. Mine is in the lift over water behind the house I wasn't going to climb around the boat on this windy and surprisingly cold morning here in Texas.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am on the list for a V and have the same dilemma. Kevin told me 19’6 with the 90 no jack plate. I want to try and fit it with the 115 but I have 19’4” in my garage but I do have a little room to swing it at a slight angle. The 115 definitely ads a few more inches. I may have to make a hole in the dry wall to make it work. Assuming I can clear the door I think I can stretch the space to 20’ at the slightest angle.

when I was at the shop Kevin measured one with the 115 and it was definitely less than 20’ that was tip of nose to back of motor turned hard one way.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Concerning the trailer, I removed the swing tongue and converterted it to a slide in tongue and gained 4 inches that allowed me to put on my jack plate. Never did like the swing tongue with the small amount of play in it. When it was hooked up to the truck, it had an angle to it and I had to raise the hitch ball so the spare tire wouldn’t rub on a high spot in the driveway.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
One thing some tend to forget. When you have to use the entire depth of your garage to just barely fit a skiff in you have made any use of the garage pretty awful. Now certainly having the skiff out of the sun is a great thing. But I had a boat that took up the entire depth of the garage and even then I had to put it at a very slight angle. The problem was that getting at anything in the garage on the outside wall was a giant PITA. Had to walk clear around out in the driveway to access things. And yes we put as much of the stuff we normally wanted to get at on the inside wall but even still my wife HATED taking up all the space. Finally I got a good boat cover and got it out of the garage. Happy wife = happy life. And truth be told I like it better not having the garage full of a boat.

Good luck.

·
Registered
708 Posts
ifsteve,

That works if you don't live in a HOA community where no boats can be outside. My boat pretty much takes up a 3-car garage and that is much better than storing in a storage lot. I installed a lot of overhead storage and wall storage. The wife pretty much got over it, if we had cold frosty winters she may put up a harder fight.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I’m in the same boat with an HOA. Convinced the wife to let me have the far end single slot for the boat. The Evo is about the biggest boat I could cram in there. Shoot 19’11 that’s gonna be close for me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
While we’re on the subject of garage space, a HB Biscayne should fit in a standard sized garage, right? Deciding between Biscayne and Marquesa and with the cost of boat storage here in FL it may be worth giving up some size to be able to store in garage. Cheapest you’re going to find storage around here right now is ~$300/month. It adds up

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
While we’re on the subject of garage space, a HB Biscayne should fit in a standard sized garage, right? Deciding between Biscayne and Marquesa and with the cost of boat storage here in FL it may be worth giving up some size to be able to store in garage. Cheapest you’re going to find storage around here right now is ~$300/month. It adds up
Buy the boat for your fishing needs and not storage. Now if the Biscayne works great then fine. But buying a too small boat because it sits in the garage is exactly what you will get. A boat sitting in the garage....lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve got my Vantage in a 20’ garage- at an angle taking up both spaces. I think I could use one spot IF I took off the PowerPole. taking the sliding tongue out to make it fit as well.

Wife not excited since we’re in NC and it’s cold. She said it’s fine as I’m doing some TLC on it, but come spring, it’s out on the driveway. 😀

1 - 20 of 20 Posts